New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    For me, ang meaning ng scam is outright swindling. Ung tipong kukunin pera mo at maglalaho... like illegal recruiters.

Pero itong networking thing is more a business model than a scam.

People who join early enough do get returns on their investment. So hindi naman lokohan yan diba?
    That is exactly how the Ponzi scam works... you pay off the first few joiners with the promised return so that words spreads out that it is working.

Those who join late (meaning when the network is already very big) believing they will make as much money as those who joined early are fooling themselves...

networking businesses usually collapse when they get too big. Pag nag collapse, umpisa uli ng bago.

Kaya lagi may gumagawa ng new networking business diba? Yan ang career nila e. Kesa sumali ka, gawa ka nalang ng sarili mong networking business.
    Errr... in a Ponzi scam, they do promise to give the same incentives regardless if you join early or late.

Networking is a different business mind you and is a legitimate one also... networking involves the sales of legitimate products. This involves hierarchal commission schemes based on the sales of your downline - not commission on the "entry fee" being paid.

Unlike in a Ponzi scheme wherein you are promised ridiculous ROIs based on nothing. They are just paying the early joiners with the money that they take from the late joiners - it is that simple. It is the late joiners

Simply put, Swisscash & co. (or whatever name that they use) is not a networking business.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    But you're promising all the investors that they'll get their money back and more. There's no mention of the risks involved to those who jump on the bandwagon late.
    People who want us to join mutual funds do not tell us that we can lose money and we still have to pay professional fund management fees regardless. All they tell us is how much their funds have grown and brag about rate of returns.

Pre-need companies will never tell us that they can become insolvent if they screw up their fund management. They portray this we-will-still-be-here-when-u-turn-60 image. Cmon... insurance companies are nothing more than a bunch of people and office furniture in a building... just like any other business... that can go down...

The networking companies do not tell investors the risks. That's business.

Packaged food and drinks manufacturers wont tell u how raw materials are being handled or stored.

A prostitute wont tell u she has HIV.

It's up to us to discern.
    Last edited by uls; July 5th, 2007 at 01:00 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    People who want us to join mutual funds do not tell us that we can lose money and we still have to pay professional fund management fees regardless. All they tell us is how much their funds have grown and brag about rate of returns.
    Mutual funds do have the proper disclaimer that past performance will not be a guarantee of future returns. Ask anyone who has invested in mutual funds.

Pre-need companies will never tell us that they can become insolvent if they screw up their fund management. They portray this we-will-still-be-here-when-u-turn-60 image. Cmon... insurance companies are nothing more than a bunch of people and office furniture in a building... just like any other business... that can go down...
    If you read the fine print of the preneed or insurance plan that you purchased, that is all stated in there.

===

The difference between a pyramid / Ponzi based company (NOT A NETWORKING COMPANY) is that these are all geared to screw up their supposed investors from the start.

Legit networking companies like Sara Lee, Tupperware, etc. have been very successful in what they are doing. It is not fair to them to be bundled together with these scammers.
    Last edited by mazdamazda; July 5th, 2007 at 01:17 PM. Reason: grammar

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004

The networking companies do not tell investors the risks. That's business.

Packaged food and drinks manufacturers wont tell u how raw materials are being handled or stored.

A prostitute wont tell u she has HIV.

It's up to us to discern.
    But the pyramid scammers don't tell "investors" that their scheme is 100.1% guaranteed to fail. That's fraud.

A business has risks involved. But there's no such thing as a "risk" in a scam - failure of the scheme is a "not a question of if, but when" proposition. Its perpetrators are just waiting for the when. Pyramid scams offer no goods and services, just lots of money. But there ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Pyramiding schemes and other scams do not produce anything. They all involve, one way or another, stealing. In the pyramid scheme case, all the money earned by a higher up (maliciously, if the person is a schemer hoping to get a lot more money from the "downstream", or in good faith, if the person is a sucker) is from the people downstream. The people upstream lie to people downstream in order to get their money. And that's stealing.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Any business, legit or not, will never disclose everything about their business. There will always be stuff they will not tell u...

Like i wont tell u that i wouldnt eat the foodstuff i import from China coz i dont trust their safety inspections (if there are any) but i will ask every supermarket here to put it on their shelves.

Like i wont tell u i inject my cows with hormones and antibodies and stuff to make them fatter or produce more milk.

Like i wont tell u that the tobacco products im selling has been proven scientifically to cause nicotine addiction and cancer... a long time ago...

Like i wont tell u that the condominium im selling u is still being built... and there's a shortfall in funding... so further funding for the construction will come from u.

Like i wont tell u the house im selling u is haunted.

Like i wont tell u the infant formula im selling u is suspected of causing autoimmune disorders.

Like the returns on ur investment in my company will come from the investment of other people in my company.
    Last edited by uls; July 5th, 2007 at 02:58 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hmmm so ULS, despite the warning of SEC and BSP-- I assume you are still encouraging people to invest in ponzi schemes like Francswiss ganun ba ibig mo sabihin??? Kasi parang ganun ang dating ng gusto mo iparating...

Sana kung wala tayong dinadalang personal responsibility para sa ibang tao- wag naman natin sila iligaw just because we can-- ang karma nandyan lang e. Kung totoo man mga sinasabi mo about sa ibang tao na di nagsasabi ng totoo sa mga negosyo nila, then may araw din ang mga ganyang manloloko. Hindi naman pera lang ang mahalaga sa buhay, masarap matulog sa gabi na alam mong wala kang inaagrabyado.

Sana lang, wag na pati mga inosenteng tao na nagpapakamatay sa trabaho para makaipon e maloloko pa ng mga ganyan. Declared na nga ng SEC and BSP na walang matinong basehan ang high earnings na binibigay ng Francswiss, ibig sabihin wag na itong pasukin pa, wala nang kung ano ano pang justifications, nagpalabas na nga ng press release regarding that--

Get out while you still can, itatakbo lang ng mga yan ang pera nyo- hintayin nyo lang .

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it would be very difficult to convince people with weak points of view...plus we also have to respect their points of view... as such this thread was posted as a WARNING to those in this high yielding ponzi scheme.

kung ayaw nilang maniwala sa atin who feels it is unsafe to invest on that "scam" so be it.... it is their loss/gain anyway.

just my 2 cents. peace
    Last edited by wildthing; July 6th, 2007 at 05:23 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    palagay ko nasa bilibid na si genghis with his new fafa :banana3:

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    all im saying is it is up to us to DISCERN.

There will always be people out there who want to rip u off.

The govt cant keep track of all of them for u.

Kung aasa ka lang sa govt to label businesses as legit or scam, by the time they announce it, it would be too late.

av427, totoo ung sinasabi ko na madaming nagnenegosyo na hindi nagsasabi ng totoo. Hindi ko illusion yun. I hope u are not naive to think that everyone is completely honest in business.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    all im saying is it is up to us to DISCERN.

There will always be people out there who want to rip u off.

The govt cant keep track of all of them for u.

Kung aasa ka lang sa govt to label businesses as legit or scam, by the time they announce it, it would be too late.

av427, totoo ung sinasabi ko na madaming nagnenegosyo na hindi nagsasabi ng totoo. Hindi ko illusion yun. I hope u are not naive to think that everyone is completely honest in business.
    I cant vouch for other types of hyip pero about francswiss, i have witnessed how they operate.

Would you call their business legit if they dont issue any receipts or any document at all to indicate that they have received payment for an investment plan you availed from their company?

Would you call them legit if they dont have any office or phone number that you could call if you have problems with your investment plan(they dont have any office or trunkline anywhere in the whole world)?

If somebody would ask you to invest with a company profile like that, would you invest a 1000 dollars and give it to the person you barely know even if he did not tell you his real name?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Investment Scams - Be warned, beware [MERGED: FrancSwiss]