New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Is investing in a hospital similar to investing in any other publicly listed company?

If I buy 1M worth of shares, and in 5 years the company's share price goes up by 20%, will my shared then be worth 1.2M?

Also, I've heard that in order to run a clinic in a hospital, you have to be a shareholder for that hospital. Is the ownership of the shares transferrable? Say, if I buy 1M shares, will my girlfriend be allowed to run a clinic of her own in the hospital?

What are the other pros and cons of investing in a hospital? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    May 2015
    Depends on your investments. There are major and common stock holders. In my case, just a common stocks, i have the privilege of practice,
    Aside from RTP fee, which cost hundreds of thousands.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

We own shares of stocks in a couple of hospitals in our area. Yes, I believe that these shares of stocks will appreciate in time.

For each share of stock that we have, it means that our immediate family members can avail of free hospitalization in that hospital for a total of 45 days,- so multiply it by the number of shares that you have.

And our parents,- I think 50% discount. This is also true for outpatient consultation.

Of course, ours is not needed now,- as we have health insurances provided by the company.

Anyway, some hospitals require that doctors buy at least one share of stock for them to hold clinic.

But, I know of one hospital here in our area which does not require it,- for as long as you are a graduate of their (medical) school....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

26.5K _/_/_/_/_/:taunt:_/_/_/_/_/

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Very interested in this. Where can i get detalis? Which hospitals are offering this?

Dunno if all hospitals are profitable, but take a look around -- pabata pa ng pabata yung nagkasasakit, stroke, heart attack in their 20's/30's....and in a decade or so all those smokers you see outside call centers are gonna get sick(but not before all those second hand smokers get sick first ) It's a sobering thought but i don't think they'll run out of patients anytime soon.
    Last edited by badkuk; June 3rd, 2015 at 10:10 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Which hospital.
    Reg sa GF, depende yan.
    What specialty ba sya? May subspecialty? Kung nasa board yung mga may subspecialty, pwede ka nila i block.
    May group, politics or faction din yan.
    Different ang RTP, clinics at decking of patients.

Reg investment - same as others dahil may law for that.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Is investing in a hospital similar to investing in any other publicly listed company?

If I buy 1M worth of shares, and in 5 years the company's share price goes up by 20%, will my shared then be worth 1.2M?

Also, I've heard that in order to run a clinic in a hospital, you have to be a shareholder for that hospital. Is the ownership of the shares transferrable? Say, if I buy 1M shares, will my girlfriend be allowed to run a clinic of her own in the hospital?

What are the other pros and cons of investing in a hospital? Thanks.
    Bro magandang investment ang hospital lalo na kapag mga doctors din na dun nagtratrabaho mismo ang may-ari or may majority of shares. Like private school, maganda ROI dito kasi sure ang steady demand. It will surely grow yearly. Sayang nga hindi ako nakapag-invest sa isang private hospital dito sa amin. Dati 1 bldng lang sila, ngayon 3 na. Dami pa support na nakukuha thru grants kaya maganda talaga cash flow.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    You will earn assuming the hospital is organized as a stock corporation and the directors have a track record of declaring dividends.

Otherwise, ang kikita lang dyan ay mga officers, managers and key staff through outlandish bonuses and other monetary incentives.

If you are a minority shareholder or not allied with the majority shareholders, your voice will just be drowned out during the Annual General Meeting. Kung baga, hanggang "noted" nalang ang comments at opinion mo, if ever you raise these.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You will earn assuming the hospital is organized as a stock corporation and the directors have a track record of declaring dividends.

Otherwise, ang kikita lang dyan ay mga officers, managers and key staff through outlandish bonuses and other monetary incentives.

If you are a minority shareholder or not allied with the majority shareholders, your voice will just be drowned out during the Annual General Meeting. Kung baga, hanggang "noted" nalang ang comments at opinion mo, if ever you raise these.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    ^ agree.
    Kita pa din.
    Di nga lang equals.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post

This I agree on; research first on overall management practices. Classic case is MMC, this was managed poorly until professionals took over the place (in this case, the MVP group... aka the Indonesians).

Look if the hospital is borrowing and what are the nature of its loans, and track record in meeting payments. Is it borrowing money to constantly upgrade facilities and properly paying down its obligations, or is it borrowing to make ends meet while fat paychecks, bonuses and dividends are still being given out?

If it's a majority owned and managed by one family as well, you have to look even closer at how funds are managed, and also be wary of the possibility of being drowned out if you are not close to the ruling bloc. It's pretty much the same case with private schools.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post

This I agree on; research first on overall management practices. Classic case is MMC, this was managed poorly until professionals took over the place (in this case, the MVP group... aka the Indonesians).

Look if the hospital is borrowing and what are the nature of its loans, and track record in meeting payments. Is it borrowing money to constantly upgrade facilities and properly paying down its obligations, or is it borrowing to make ends meet while fat paychecks, bonuses and dividends are still being given out?

If it's a majority owned and managed by one family as well, you have to look even closer at how funds are managed, and also be wary of the possibility of being drowned out if you are not close to the ruling bloc. It's pretty much the same case with private schools.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    May mga hospitals po ba kayong alam na nag-offer ng ganito? And what are the benefits?