New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Rule of thumb: high return-high risk: low return-low risk. Manage your own business, manage your own risk.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    what about yung insurance na may kasama na mutual funds?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    I'd say no. Why? Because you can always invest your money in the instruments that they invest in, and you'll be able to pocket all of the return. Or, if your capital isn't that large, you can invest in mutual funds - they will have service fee/percentage, but it's likely to cost less compared to the insurance companies.

I'd say go for plain vanilla insurance - just your standard life insurance, no riders attached, unless you can ascertain that those riders will not add to your premium (it is best to get insurance while young, as your premiums will be lower). Then invest the rest of your money in a mutual fund. There are some funds that allow you to start at just 10k - and you can keep adding to your principal monthly, so your savings can keep growing and earning money. You can also select which funds to invest in, depending on your risk profile - money-market based funds will offer lower risk, but lower possible return, while equity- and derivative- funds may offer higher returns (sometimes much higher), though with the concomitant increase in risk.

Alternatively, if you think you're up to it, you can also invest in the financial markets yourself - again, I think you can start with just 10k in the stock market, and same for some money-market instruments. Of course, this takes more effort - you have to keep abreast of market conditions - and more knowledge - you have to know what market indicators are, and what movements in the market might mean to your investment - but you'll pocket all of the gains that your investment makes.
    agree ako dito, pinapaikot din lang ng insurance company pera mo.. bakit di na lang ikaw..??..

sir ask ko lang about sa stock market.. pano mag engage sa online ng stocks without dealing another person.. i mean na ako na magdedecide when to buy and sell online ?.. yong at home lang sa net puedi ko na gawin... id like to try this one..

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gambit1978 View Post
    agree ako dito, pinapaikot din lang ng insurance company pera mo.. bakit di na lang ikaw..??..

sir ask ko lang about sa stock market.. pano mag engage sa online ng stocks without dealing another person.. i mean na ako na magdedecide when to buy and sell online ?.. yong at home lang sa net puedi ko na gawin... id like to try this one..
    I'm new to this as well.

How to open a CitisecOnline stock trading account : PinoyMoneyTalk.com – Make Money Online, Stocks, Forex, Mutual Funds Philippines

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gambit1978 View Post

open an account at an online broker like citiseconline

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Hi guys! Di ako masyadong savvy pag dating sa mga insurance, mutual funds, investments, etc pero I gave it a shot this year since may naipon na rin ako pero I started with something simple para di naman ako magsisi. My friend told me to try Sparxx Max. Its accident insurance with cash burial benefit na valid for 1 year and a chance to save for the long term tapos P550 lang siya. So far ok naman and nakakasave na rin ako sa wakas. I make sure I put in at least P300 or P500 every payday. Long term savings naman siya eh so maclaclaim ko pa siya in a few years pa If you guys are interested, check out the Pioneer Sparxx Facebook fanpage na lang for details Here's the link: Pioneer Sparxx | Facebook

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    how about this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1n5KL6Agnk]Philam Life's Money Tree - YouTube[/ame]

or is Sunlife or other insurance has better offer than this?

- - - Updated - - -

how about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1n5KL6Agnk

or is Sunlife or other insurance has better offer than this?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Ok din po ang flexible insurance plans ng Sun Life or yung tanatawag na Variable Universal Life (VUL) Insurance. Life insurance sya na naka-link sa investment. So yung binabayad mo, part nun ay naiinvest, so after 10years of payment bawi mo na din yung hinulog mo, madalas mas sobra pa sa hinulog mo ang magiging fund mo, at importante sa lahat secured pa ang family mo dahil sa life insurance.

"Flexible" Plan sya kasi pwede ka magdeposit ng extra fund kung may bonus ka at sa investment mo din madadagdag yun para mas malaki maging ipon. At syempre pwede rin naman na magwithdraw ka sa fund mo kung sakaling nagipit ka sa pera.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sysop View Post
    Ok din po ang flexible insurance plans ng Sun Life or yung tanatawag na Variable Universal Life (VUL) Insurance. Life insurance sya na naka-link sa investment. So yung binabayad mo, part nun ay naiinvest, so after 10years of payment bawi mo na din yung hinulog mo, madalas mas sobra pa sa hinulog mo ang magiging fund mo, at importante sa lahat secured pa ang family mo dahil sa life insurance.

"Flexible" Plan sya kasi pwede ka magdeposit ng extra fund kung may bonus ka at sa investment mo din madadagdag yun para mas malaki maging ipon. At syempre pwede rin naman na magwithdraw ka sa fund mo kung sakaling nagipit ka sa pera.
    then which is better?
    sunlife VUL or philam money tree.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rollyic View Post
    then which is better?
    sunlife VUL or philam money tree.
    if they are both VULs, pareho lang yan.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Insurance - good investment?