New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hey guys I'm new here. Magtatanong sana ako

I'm celebrating my first year dito sa kompanya and may konti na kong naipon and I'm thinking of investing in something. First on my list is insurance since may nababasa din ako sa ibang forum na magandang investment nga daw siya and its never too early naman daw to invest sa ganun at least mas maaga at mas mataas ang returns ko diba? I thought about investing in property pero di ko pa ata kaya yun What do you guys think? Second half na kasi of the year kaya gusto na sana kumuha. Lemme know what you think and kung may suggestions kayo?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Bro. i love emily d,- how about mutual funds, instead of insurance?

13.7K:faint:

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    excellent investment while you are still young

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    get an insurance that offers high yielding dividends.. protected ka na.. at the same time you earn more than what local banks can give.. some offers 6% to 10% return per year.. ordinary savings at our local banks only offers 1% (some even less) per year.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    For me, not really. I still prefer equities and land.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I invested in AXA Honeypot USD. I got an average of 10% yield per annum.

If you want to stay liquid, don't invest in real properties.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I'd say no. Why? Because you can always invest your money in the instruments that they invest in, and you'll be able to pocket all of the return. Or, if your capital isn't that large, you can invest in mutual funds - they will have service fee/percentage, but it's likely to cost less compared to the insurance companies.

I'd say go for plain vanilla insurance - just your standard life insurance, no riders attached, unless you can ascertain that those riders will not add to your premium (it is best to get insurance while young, as your premiums will be lower). Then invest the rest of your money in a mutual fund. There are some funds that allow you to start at just 10k - and you can keep adding to your principal monthly, so your savings can keep growing and earning money. You can also select which funds to invest in, depending on your risk profile - money-market based funds will offer lower risk, but lower possible return, while equity- and derivative- funds may offer higher returns (sometimes much higher), though with the concomitant increase in risk.

Alternatively, if you think you're up to it, you can also invest in the financial markets yourself - again, I think you can start with just 10k in the stock market, and same for some money-market instruments. Of course, this takes more effort - you have to keep abreast of market conditions - and more knowledge - you have to know what market indicators are, and what movements in the market might mean to your investment - but you'll pocket all of the gains that your investment makes.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    interesting thread.. please keep the comments coming.. Am also looking into investing into mutual funds.. learn about stock trading since we have stock grants in our company..etc...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    I'd say no. Why? Because you can always invest your money in the instruments that they invest in, and you'll be able to pocket all of the return. Or, if your capital isn't that large, you can invest in mutual funds - they will have service fee/percentage, but it's likely to cost less compared to the insurance companies.

I'd say go for plain vanilla insurance - just your standard life insurance, no riders attached, unless you can ascertain that those riders will not add to your premium (it is best to get insurance while young, as your premiums will be lower). Then invest the rest of your money in a mutual fund. There are some funds that allow you to start at just 10k - and you can keep adding to your principal monthly, so your savings can keep growing and earning money. You can also select which funds to invest in, depending on your risk profile - money-market based funds will offer lower risk, but lower possible return, while equity- and derivative- funds may offer higher returns (sometimes much higher), though with the concomitant increase in risk.

Alternatively, if you think you're up to it, you can also invest in the financial markets yourself - again, I think you can start with just 10k in the stock market, and same for some money-market instruments. Of course, this takes more effort - you have to keep abreast of market conditions - and more knowledge - you have to know what market indicators are, and what movements in the market might mean to your investment - but you'll pocket all of the gains that your investment makes.
    interesting post. sorry noob ako when it comes to investment. pwede pa-explain itong equity and derivative funds or cite examples of this type of investment that is being offered by investment institutions.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    equity funds invest only in stocks

bond funds invest only in bonds

so-called balanced funds invest in both stocks and bonds

derivative funds invest in futures, forwards, options, swaps

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Insurance - good investment?