New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    It highly depends on the nature of the job, industry, etc.

It does not make sense to generalize these kinds of topics / discussions.
    Exactly my point. Plus, we should not judge a person by its cover or by their scholastic background alone. Again, the interview will make or break the applicants chances. Bakit mababa grades, kasi working student at only breadwinner ng family! Saan ka pa!

Those things can't be seen in a resume. But it is an exception worth mentioning. So we can't generalize nga. The standards are guidelines worth following in most cases.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Exactly my point. Plus, we should not judge a person by its cover or by their scholastic background alone. Again, the interview will make or break the applicants chances. Bakit mababa grades, kasi working student at only breadwinner ng family! Saan ka pa!

Those things can't be seen in a resume. But it is an exception worth mentioning. So we can't generalize nga. The standards are guidelines worth following in most cases.
    yeah, but the problem is meron minimum qualification and one of those eh dapat degree holder, the HR should have not even considered yun under grad on the said position, hinde na dapat umabot sa interview process. sa initial screening pa lang bagsak na dapat dahil hinde nga qualified.

kasi for me, kung meron minimum qualification eh sundin dapat ng HR yan, kung hinde eh di para saan pa yun nilabas na requirements?
    Last edited by shadow; May 30th, 2011 at 08:35 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    meron kasi akong case na nakita SHE CHEATED her resume (yes, obviously she's a girl and she cheated) making to appear on it that she was a college grad although she only finished 3 years in college but it is real that she acquired a job experience already, the story is she was hired as a marketing manager, then nung nasa loob na siya na-background check at nalaman na undergrad pala siya, so hindi naman siya sinibak kasi ok ang performance niya, so ano insight niyo sa ganun?

let's say typically your a CEO and protocol must be the staffs are college grads, iteterminate niyo ba pero kapakipakinabang naman? pardon me if I only have a limited point of view and also pardon my ignorance masters. Thank you.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if i was the one handling HR and that case came to my attention, she gets fired right away.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    yeah, but the problem is meron minimum qualification and one of those eh dapat degree holder, the HR should have not even considered yun under grad on the said position, hinde na dapat umabot sa interview process. sa initial screening pa lang bagsak na dapat dahil hinde nga qualified.

kasi for me, kung meron minimum qualification eh sundin dapat ng HR yan, kung hinde eh di para saan pa yun nilabas na requirements?
    Based on my experience, it is the immediate superior who holds the final verdict. Dami ko na nakita na hindi pasok sa min requirements ng college degree but (experience being the best teacher nga), they have acquired the skills and knowledge to do the job effectively. Attitude na lang panalo na yun. Hindi ka na mahihirapan sa training. This is speaking as private copanies go ha, hindi gov't na "whom you know" ang kalakaran.

Diskarte sa buhay vs. talino, mas lamang sa totoong buhay ang madiskarte at may lakas ng loob IMO. Hindi man yumaman, pero hindi maghihirap.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    meron kasi akong case na nakita SHE CHEATED her resume (yes, obviously she's a girl and she cheated) making to appear on it that she was a college grad although she only finished 3 years in college but it is real that she acquired a job experience already, the story is she was hired as a marketing manager, then nung nasa loob na siya na-background check at nalaman na undergrad pala siya, so hindi naman siya sinibak kasi ok ang performance niya, so ano insight niyo sa ganun?

let's say typically your a CEO and protocol must be the staffs are college grads, iteterminate niyo ba pero kapakipakinabang naman? pardon me if I only have a limited point of view and also pardon my ignorance masters. Thank you.

Depends upon the companies Ethics Code yan. May CEO so malamang may corporate ethics and/or code of conduct. But most probably, tanggal yan. Unless she can prove an invaluable service enough to just demote her or suspend her for some time.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Unless she can prove an invaluable service enough to just demote her or suspend her for some time.
    opinion ko diyan: no one is irreplaceable

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    meron nang similar case ng ganyan dito sa office namin, as per requirement pasado siya kasi peke , then naging regular siya at na background check puro galing recto ang diploma, ayun tangal kaagad ng mapatunayan (due process) charge is falsification - grave offense

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Which do you prefer if you are a HR staff?

A fresh college graduate with no experience but qualified in the company's qualification or a college undergrad but already gained lot of experiences pero dina-meet yung qualification of MUST ACQUIRED A COLLEGE DEGREE?
    if i were the HR Manager/HRM Director, i would stick to the posted qualification. for every applicant to be considered for an interview, he/she must at least meet the minimum qualification. if the minimum qualification suggests that he/she MUST ACQUIRE or MUST HAVE OBTAINED A DEGREE, then i would stick to it. why would an HR person trifle with the minimum requirement? corporate image is reflected on how a certain corporation hires and fires its people. the corporation might as well fire its HR first? (i believe so)

you also have to take note that in every new job, every new hire has to adjust to the new workplace. not all corporations provide like descriptions/procedure for similar jobs needing the same output. also, he/she needs to realign himself/herself with the vmgo of the company. in this sense, the experienced college non-grad and the no-experience at all college grad are on the same playing field. it would just take them about two weeks to adjust. maybe, the undergrad starts somewhere where his/her TOR brings him/her and take the challenge of getting a degree for upward mobility.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008

maraming may kapakipakinabang diyan na totoong college graduate at HONEST who longed to get hired. marketing manager pala yan, baka paggising ng HR kinabukasan wala na sila market. hehehe. j/k.

is it not you do background check first before hiring? you cannot just let her in and see later if she has the qualification. this is basic HR job, imo. in some corporations, home address is important. in some others, the contents of the TOR.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
If you are the HR of a company, which do you prefer?