New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Guys,

Sa mga american movies, madalas ko napapanood yung mga scenes na pag na badtrip yung employee sa boss eh magsasabi na lang sya ng "I QUIT!" then pack up na mga things nya kaagad then layas na sa office.

Realistic nga ba to? I mean, pano yung clearance nya? Diba kelangan din muna nyang mag turn over ng mga trabaho nya. Kelangan nya to para makuha yung last pay nya diba? Tsaka may notice period din pag nagreresign.

It may sound silly, pero I have this question for so long now. I just want to get it out of my system.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    You can file immediate resignation naman. depende din sa reason and company. Syempre the proper way parin is the 30 day notice pero not written in stone.

You can still get your clearance and last pay kung maganda naman reason mo. They can't force you to stay at work and di ka naman magiging productive.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    When you resign, most all companies require na ma clear ka muna. May clearance form, yung iba may exit interview pa nga din. Turn-over din ng mga gamit mo at files para sa magpapatuloy ng work mo, di mahirapan. May ibang pinapayagan na umalis agad depende sa scenario pero karamihan sasabihin na one month notice or kahit two weeks para makahanap ng replacement mo or makapag turn over ka ng mga responsibilities mo para smooth ang transition. And yes, kelangan ng clearance para sa final pay mo.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    if you transferred to a competitor....iba treatment sayo. wala nang turn over pa. last day mo kagad

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    mas maganda magpaalam ng maayos , democracy naman ata jan asa PINAS di ba

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    It won't happen 99.9% of the time, movies eh.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, its definitely not as dramatic here in the Philippine setting. In my 10 years of working, I haven't seen anyone say I QUIT!, or even YOU'RE FIRED!

I guess its due in part to the fact that job security is more important to Filipinos than in other countries.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by goldencoil View Post
    Guys,

Sa mga american movies, madalas ko napapanood yung mga scenes na pag na badtrip yung employee sa boss eh magsasabi na lang sya ng "I QUIT!" then pack up na mga things nya kaagad then layas na sa office.

Realistic nga ba to? I mean, pano yung clearance nya? Diba kelangan din muna nyang mag turn over ng mga trabaho nya. Kelangan nya to para makuha yung last pay nya diba? Tsaka may notice period din pag nagreresign.

It may sound silly, pero I have this question for so long now. I just want to get it out of my system.
    i think people in phil. dont understand labor laws in the US, your superiors cant hold your pay or you against your will.the company will send your last pay via direct deposit like most people here or mail a live check in the mail. if they dont you can file a suit on the labor department and get more money cuz, width holding your pay is illigal here. you can quit just like that walk away and go, yes i've done that. quitting clearance never heard of that here, we do our clearance before you get hired your Social Security #,live scan and FBI scan is all you need. im a supervisor in a serology lab i cant even force my coworkers to do overtime, i need to ask if they like to do overtime and its up to them if they want to or not.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    cinematic license

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 4agze View Post
    i think people in phil. dont understand labor laws in the US, your superiors cant hold your pay or you against your will.the company will send your last pay via direct deposit like most people here or mail a live check in the mail. if they dont you can file a suit on the labor department and get more money cuz, width holding your pay is illigal here. you can quit just like that walk away and go, yes i've done that. quitting clearance never heard of that here, we do our clearance before you get hired your Social Security #,live scan and FBI scan is all you need. im a supervisor in a serology lab i cant even force my coworkers to do overtime, i need to ask if they like to do overtime and its up to them if they want to or not.
    Sir, some jobs here require clearance when quitting, like Sales Agents who might not have turned over all of their collections when they quit. Or maybe they have car loans which need to be fully paid or returned to the company depending on the reason. Just two examples that came to mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I Quit!