New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Do you even have the proper qualifications to begin with?

attend trainings, get licensed, get experience. also make a name for yourself. If you're good enough investors will knock at your doorstep.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    May alam ako.Balak ko kase partnership talaga mechanic partner ko or someone would invest dahil hindi namin kaya yung capital for a performance shop kaya nagsettle muna kami sa carwash and auto-detailing.
    May binubuo na rin akong car ngayon kaso nasa ibang shop muna.Hopefully this year matapos na siya.Then shop ko na ang magtutuloy nung car.
    Last edited by gearspeed; September 26th, 2009 at 05:31 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    alignment machine dito sa NORTH AMERICA roughly 40 grand ( 40 thou canadian)

dyno roughly around that range too.

special tools and equipment roughly 100 thou canadian

that includes scanners , and lifts .

yes roughly 10m peso din.

meron ako mechanic dito who does performance . he has invested on a top of the line tire service machine and he's doing okay .

he sends all his dyno and alignment requirement to our nearby shop since he still working out with the figures. he's been in my shop for three years now .

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You'll need to spend nearly double that for a brand new dyno here, due to taxes. Alignment systems, at least, you have local/asian options.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i totally agree. plus sa customs pa , medyo malaki laki din.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup. And a dyno is no assurance of success.

Tignan mo CreativeSpeed... nagsara.

Owning a tuning shop is about more than just building fast or pretty shop cars. It's building shop cars on a budget, doing marketing, building connections and friendships with enthusiast groups... strong connections and a sense of trust. One bad install and you'll lose dozens of potential customers. And that brings us to quality control. Not all of your mechanics will be Einsteins, so you'll need to be good at managing people, making sure the right person does the right job.

It's a business first, hobby second. If you treat it any other way, lugi ka talaga.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I agree. There are only few trusted tuner shops around and I think going in to that market is not good unless you got more than 20M that you are ready to invest. But since you want investors pa to come in and help you, I doubt it. It's just not possible in your case.

Kung madami man nagiinquire sayo around your area, I think that's not enough for you to recover the investment. Kung ako may lalapit sakin to invest on that kind of business, I'd rather ask around first kung pwede ako mag-buy in nalang sa existing tuner shops if pwede ba.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Yun naman talaga dapat business first hobby second.Kaya kahit puyat puyat ako ayos lang may makita lang ako inaayos na auto sa shop.Lalo na habang may bagyo tamang tama sana yun.Merong inaayos na auto.Yun talaga gusto ko na business a performance shop tulad ng kilala ko sa U.S na meron siyang performance shop.Kaya hindi ako nagtayo ng food business.

Quote Originally Posted by bambino View Post

meron ako mechanic dito who does performance . he has invested on a top of the line tire service machine and he's doing okay.
    wow sarap nun ah.
    Last edited by gearspeed; September 27th, 2009 at 03:37 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    medyo out of topic yung sasabihin ko , anyways naghahanap ako ng pwesto along zapote rd . or ALABANG kaya around 200-300 sqmeters lang para sa auto repairs start-up .

baka lang may idea kayo kung magkano ang rentahan jan.

im planning to do this in 3 -6 months time.

im planning to run a complete auto repairs, efi diagnostics,alternator and starter rebuilding ,AC service, complete auto electrical .

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Isa pa ito sa balak ko AC service.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
How Much Do I need to put up?