New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've got a customer who wants me to export my product abroad to sell it in his stores.

Which government agency should I go to for exporting? Or can anyone here recommend a broker?

What are the steps/processes in exporting a product?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir, im working for the export dept of an FMCG. i might be able to answer some of your questions.

First, is this food or non-food?

pero kung gusto mo madali buhay mo, use broker nalang. they will do everything na for you.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Food. Broker nga dapat, province pa kasi ako.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yes, you need a broker

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If its food, you have to first check what are the regulatory requirements to the country you plan to export to (i.e. HACCP) as these would be looked into at the port of entry.

Your Bank may also be able to help you. Try inquiring with the regional lending center of your Bank for the usual documentation they require for Letter of Credits (LCs) such as POs, Bill of Lading, etc.

How will you be dealing with the buyer abroad in terms of payment? Direct remittance or via LC? You have to input these in your contract and costs as well.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir, if its food. medyo madugo yan.

on your side, check what are the requirements of the country. (food labeling requirements, expiry date format, food laws, etc.. baka alam mo na. if not, i can expound)

sa documents side naman, there's a broker to help you. of course you need export license para zero-rated ka na. tapos mga LC, BL, CO, etc. you should read and re-read the LC, be extra careful of the bank charges. make sure na bank charges outside Philippines will be paid by your buyer. wag ka papayag na outside their country. kasi may 3rd bank involved madalas.

dont forget, kailangan mo din ng Pro-forma Invoice. this will serve as the contract binding you and your buyer. hope i was able to help. PM me if you need to know more. i will be more than willing to help

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    sir, im working for the export dept of an FMCG. i might be able to answer some of your questions.

First, is this food or non-food?

pero kung gusto mo madali buhay mo, use broker nalang. they will do everything na for you.
    FMCG ka din pala sir CB ah. Sales din ako ng FMCG company, PM mo naman ako kung ano product niyo and if may distributor na kayo dito sa amin.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the replies. I'll need to speak with my customer again regarding this.
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Go to DTI nagpapaseminar sila regarding exportation. Para malaman mo lahat do's and dont's...

At paano maglagay sa custom. hehehehe

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    FMCG ka din pala sir CB ah. Sales din ako ng FMCG company, PM mo naman ako kung ano product niyo and if may distributor na kayo dito sa amin.
    FMCG din ako. I manage the SCM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
How to export products?