New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Well if you get a 1 yr rate, they will reprice it every year based on current central bank interest rates. If you're confident rates will be steady for the next few years, then a 1 yr rate is the way to go. But if you are conservative you will go for the 3 or 5 year fixed rate pricing. But it will cost you either way , you or the bank are hedging.

As for haggling.....loan officers usually go up the food chain for approvals. Usually the first rate quotation you get can be haggled down 100 basis points or more.

Beware of fees, chattel, doc stamps, mandatory insurance etc. These usually make the 12th month payment much higher than the rest. Those can be haggled as well.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk Pro
    I have an existing loans na fixed rate for 3 yrs and 1 yr rate.

For me, mas okay fixed. Hindi nakakagulat. At ang iniisip ko dyan, habang tumatagal parang lumiliit yun binabayaran ko kasi dapat masmalaki na income ko in the future, pero kapag hindi lumaki ang income, okay lang kasi ganun parin naman binabayaran monthly.

Yun 1 yr rate minsan nagugulat ako sa interest eh biglang lumalaki pero kapag bumaba, hindi mo mararamdaman na bumaba.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Following this thread.

I'm currently I search for my bank loan since I'm almost done paying my dp.

So far, I've talked to PNB and Metrobank.

For Metrobank it's 5.88% fixed rate for 5 years plus bank fees. Mababa sana rate nila unfortunately, they don't allow lump sum payment which is a deal breaker for since I don't want to paying a huge amount for half of my life.

For PNB, its 6.88% fixed rate for 5 years plus 2.5% of the loan amount for bank fees. Sabi nila kaya dwa nila tapatan offers from other bank though subject for approval. What I like about them is they allow lump sum payment plus magandang kausap yung agent nila.

I reached out to AUB since they have a promo for this month. Big discount on their bank fees provided that your DP is fully paid before July.

I'll try to go to Security bank since I've read that they also have good rates.

Any other banks that you guys would suggest/recommend?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    I think they offered me 5.25% but that was like 2 years ago. If you are a depositor, you can leverage the relationship to get a competitive rate. You can tell them how much the other banks are offering and they can try to match it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Hi,
    Newbie here.Am quite lost.Hopefully ma enlightened po.Regarding PAG IBIG construction loan,do i really need to fill up that i have an existing credit card,its outstanding balance and monthly amortization?Currently working abroad po.Am just concern bka hindi nila i approve pag malaki pa ang credit balance.Hoping for an answer.Thank you.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    May computation kasi yan. Total income minus debt, then naka cap yun exposure mo, para sureball makabayad ka

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Anyone here availed of a housing loan recently? What rates did you get?

Specifically, I'm looking for a 5 or 10 year loan. I've made preliminary inquiries on some banks, and the rates seem quite high. Have not haggled yet or given them my COE and income statements yet.

BPI has the lowest 1-year rate at 5.25%, 5-year rate at 6.8%, and 10-year rate at 7.5%. PSBank so far is the highest at 6% for 1 year, 6.88% for 5 years, and 8.5% for 10 years.

Any tips on how and where to get the best deals will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Got one of my condo sa BDO last year 5yrs fixed 5.88%. BPI gave me 5.25% for 5years din but it was too late na. It really helps if you have a good relationship with a branch manager or a preferred client perhaps. Negotiate directly with the branch manager, maybe he/she could lower down the rate of 6.88%. (6.88% din initial quote sakin ng BDO initially from other branch). Goodluck!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Bach View Post
    Got one of my condo sa BDO last year 5yrs fixed 5.88%. BPI gave me 5.25% for 5years din but it was too late na. It really helps if you have a good relationship with a branch manager or a preferred client perhaps. Negotiate directly with the branch manager, maybe he/she could lower down the rate of 6.88%. (6.88% din initial quote sakin ng BDO initially from other branch). Goodluck!
    Hi. BDO offered me 6.88% fixed for 5 yrs. Ok na ako dun. Ang problema 6 months lang validity ng approval ng loan. Dahil sa red tape ng BIR and/or kapabayaan ng developer, inabutan na ng expiry yun transfer ng title saken. And now, BDO need to re-process yung loan with the their prevailing interest of 8.00% fixed for 5 yrs.
    Any tips on how to deal with the bank? How should I ask for the manager and how should I interact with them.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kaidemitsui View Post
    Hi. BDO offered me 6.88% fixed for 5 yrs. Ok na ako dun. Ang problema 6 months lang validity ng approval ng loan. Dahil sa red tape ng BIR and/or kapabayaan ng developer, inabutan na ng expiry yun transfer ng title saken. And now, BDO need to re-process yung loan with the their prevailing interest of 8.00% fixed for 5 yrs.
    Any tips on how to deal with the bank? How should I ask for the manager and how should I interact with them.

Submit mo yun bdo quotation sa ibang bank, Metrobank or bpi gives me the best rate of 6.5%, then submit other Banks quotation to your prefferedbank (bdo).

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by kaidemitsui View Post

Nag increase talaga interest rates due to inflation. Mine is now at 8.5% for 5 years. Na haggle ko pa yan for rate reduction since repeat customer na ko. Try to talk to manager na lang muna, pag firm na sila then try to look for other banks na mas may lower rates. Pero most likely in the same range din ibibigay nila.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by reiman13 View Post
    Nag increase talaga interest rates due to inflation. Mine is now at 8.5% for 5 years. Na haggle ko pa yan for rate reduction since repeat customer na ko. Try to talk to manager na lang muna, pag firm na sila then try to look for other banks na mas may lower rates. Pero most likely in the same range din ibibigay nila.
    8.5% * 5years po ba calculation? Next proj ko kasi sariling bahay... para ready to go na once decided...

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by reiman13 View Post
    Agree, since re process and nag revise Ng rates you better do your research with other Banks first to validate the increase, then negotiate with whoever gives the best rate, good luck

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast