New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Hello po...

Curious po ako sa grab car business...

Pang extra income lang kasi...

Pwede nyo po ako mabigyan ng info kung magkano ang net profit per month?

Thank you po.

A true driver knows no brakes.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    pwede ba ito pag usapan dito?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
    pwede ba ito pag usapan dito?
    pwede po. pati nga yung pusang gala, pinag uusapan dito.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    depende sa driver ang kita sa grab. if masipag driver mga 8-10k a week without incentives

5. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Is starting a grab car business lucrative? How do you split with your drivers? Or do you pay them a fixed amount and give bonuses for performance?
    Any help regarding this would be of great help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Anyone with any info or input about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Short answer: Only lucrative if you have the scale and can ensure that all your cars have enough trips to qualify for incentives.

If you want a detailed answer, read here:

The Uber Investment - Alpha Investments

The article talks about Uber, but it has the same business model as Grab anyway.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Based on my personal observation...

Philippines - 50-50 daw ang driver and operator (as per driver's I've talked to)

Here in Singapore, you can go to car rental companies. (Strangely, this is more similar to our "boundary system.") Only requirement is that you need to return the car for servicing before 10,000kms.

And yes you will need scale to make it profitable.

Based on my family's experience with regular taxis... 2 units is not enough...

Benefit of TNVs is that the car is basically a "private vehicle" which means cheaper insurance and better resale value.

Last tip, don't fall in love with the car, it will be used as a PUV. Expect the worst!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Does anyone here have experience on buying a car for grab? Our driver proposed to my Auntie to buy a Vios for grab (20% down) He will drive it and the monthly amort will come from the profit. I thought they were buying the car in cash but when I found out na loan and it will be under my name parang ayoko na ata.

My Dad NEVER EVER bought a car on loan. Daddy told us the only time utang is acceptable is for properties/assets - never a car. Tumatak talaga sa mind ko yan. Now I am supposed to loan a Vios?

Anyway, is Grab still profitable? A Vios 1.3 J M/T costs P732k, at 20% down the monthly is P19,820. Basta P250k daw ibibigay na pera ng Auntie ko sakin. Worst case scenario, kung wala pambayad ng Amort, ayoko mahatak yun e di sira ako sa Toyota/Bank? I will have to pay it off, lugi na ko sa interest plus what the heck will I do with a Vios? Also, if I do sell it, ang baba nun kasi taas ng mileage Also, our driver said sa kanila iga garage yun car, shouldn't it be with us? Kasi kami yung "operator" . Our driver is a good guy, known him for decades, but he still owes us some money from building his house back in 2017 though LOL. Medyo hindi ako confident, ang optimistic ng projection e.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Does anyone here have experience on buying a car for grab? Our driver proposed to my Auntie to buy a Vios for grab (20% down) He will drive it and the monthly amort will come from the profit. I thought they were buying the car in cash but when I found out na loan and it will be under my name parang ayoko na ata.

My Dad NEVER EVER bought a car on loan. Daddy told us the only time utang is acceptable is for properties/assets - never a car. Tumatak talaga sa mind ko yan. Now I am supposed to loan a Vios?

Anyway, is Grab still profitable? A Vios 1.3 J M/T costs P732k, at 20% down the monthly is P19,820. Basta P250k daw ibibigay na pera ng Auntie ko sakin. Worst case scenario, kung wala pambayad ng Amort, ayoko mahatak yun e di sira ako sa Toyota/Bank? I will have to pay it off, lugi na ko sa interest plus what the heck will I do with a Vios? Also, if I do sell it, ang baba nun kasi taas ng mileage Also, our driver said sa kanila iga garage yun car, shouldn't it be with us? Kasi kami yung "operator" . Our driver is a good guy, known him for decades, but he still owes us some money from building his house back in 2017 though LOL. Medyo hindi ako confident, ang optimistic ng projection e.
    i vaguely recall that if the car is going to be used as a taxi,
    the peso installment numbers change.
    the laspag factor is considerably higher than that expected of cars for private use.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Grab Car for business