New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Op, with all your guidance and concern for her well being, just be ready and supportive when suddenly your daughter decides, screw that, eto mas gusto kong gawin. I certainly hope not, but its a plot twist life throws at us.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Ang tawag nga minsan ng management sa staff e "resource". Ang sakit sa tenga.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentis View Post
    God willing, my eldest will finish her BSBA (marketing) course next year. And I plan to send her in UPLB for masteral degree, would this be enough to assure her a high paying career in the future with regards of her selected course?
    ask around, sir...
    where are the graduates of that course... in that school... where are they now?

medicine. i have yet to see a doctor, starve because of lack of opportunities.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    imho, any course that excites her is okay as inspirations in life become higher, rewards come next.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hinlog View Post
    imho, any course that excites her is okay as inspirations in life become higher, rewards come next.
    .. we just hope that one does not starve along the way..
    heh heh.

what did tom sawyer say..?
    if it is something you must do, it is work. if it is something you are not required to do but you do it anyway, it's play.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    .. we just hope that one does not starve along the way..
    heh heh.

what did tom sawyer say..?
    if it is something you must do, it is work. if it is something you are not required to do but you do it anyway, it's play.
    My Dad wanted me to become a doctor but I wanted to be like him I took a business course because I wanted to be officemates with my Dad and we'll be together 24/7 :bwahaha:

It's too bad none in our generation became a doctor, that would have made my Lola so happy. Pero dr d, I have met doctors that are now well off, most work for the government in health centers.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; December 19th, 2015 at 12:21 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    My Dad wanted me to become a doctor but I wanted to be like him I took a business course because I wanted to be officemates with my Dad and we'll be together 24/7 :bwahaha:
    it's not too late, madam.
    there is no "official" age limit for MD..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it's not too late, madam.
    there is no "official" age limit for MD..
    No matter how I want to please my Dad and Lola, I do not have the strength of character to be a doctor. I do believe it's a vocation and it's not mine

But it is a very lucrative profession especially if you have the right specialization. My cardiologist's PF is P1200, multiply that by the number of patients in a day. My Allergologist does even better, he has a long line of patients every.single.day.

BTT: IT professionals have an edge in any company I think. They could switch industries unlike those with generic business courses.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You're forgetting one important thing. Huwag ma in-love anak mo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    No matter how I want to please my Dad and Lola, I do not have the strength of character to be a doctor. I do believe it's a vocation and it's not mine

But it is a very lucrative profession especially if you have the right specialization. My cardiologist's PF is P1200, multiply that by the number of patients in a day. My Allergologist does even better, he has a long line of patients every.single.day.

BTT: IT professionals have an edge in any company I think. They could switch industries unlike those with generic business courses.
    as is often quoted...
    it's the love for the profession.. the money just happened to be conveniently there.
    it is funny, but money is not usually mentioned at all in the circle.. what is talked about, is the effect of the treatment on the patient.

but i suppose it's because the money is already a given..

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast