New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmm, i suppose if you're aimimg for "sky's the limit" money, then business is the way to go.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    the real benefit of taking mba aside from the obvious getting an academic advantage is you get a unique opportunity to network. professionals dont call it an expensive networking course without some truth to it. if you are just there for academics and a chance for a better employability in the future, you are missing the train.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post

Pero ang pinakamahalaga dito is PERSONALITY - DISKARTE. How can you sell / PROMOTE yourself.

May staff ako na napakasipag at napakatalino, hindi sya mapromote promote dahil wala syang diskarte to tell everybody how good she is. Mahilig lang kasi sa isang tabi tanggap lang nang tanggap nang trabaho. ROBOT nga ang tawag sa kanya.

Even you dont have a Good school, average grade but a TONS of personality. sigurado ako aangat sya
    in other words bro dapat Street Smart sya. i remember ito ang naging topic natin nung may drinking session tayo last week.

Quote Originally Posted by dishcom View Post
    ^ agree sir.

Kung ako magkakaroon ng anak na babae. Kung hindi siya mangangarap as a doctor or lawyer... tuturuan ko na lang siya mag manage ng negosyo or gagawan ko siya ng negosyo base sa gusto niyang course at hilig niya. Ayoko ng inuutusan ng iba ang anak ko lalo na siguro kung babae. Hehe, baka hindi ko ma tiis.
    Sabi ko nga sa misis ko. Kung 1M papamana ko sa anak kung lalaki. E baka pag babae e 2M dapat pamana ko.
    eh bakit naman mas malaki kay babae keysa kay lalaki???
    sakin wala akong ipapamana hanggang nabubuhay pa ako. Pero kung gustong mag biznes papahiramin ko pang-dagdag sa kanyang capital. I remind them hiram lang ito at di TY. why? para ipaalam na may obligation silang mag bayad sa pinag-kautangan. para malaman ang kahalagan ng pera, na hindi ito nahihingi lang kundi pinaghihirapan, na ang pera ay hindi din madaling kitain at hindi habang buhay kumikita.

Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    high paying position.. actually, its an employee's mindset. living in by 15th and 30th... maski gano pa din kataas ang sweldo nyan, mataas pa din ang expenses nyan, unless he/she receives 1M/month (which is at the highest executive level, mga temang SVP and up for huge companies).

why not change her mindset to an entrepreneur's mindset? mas madami syang matututunan sa sarili nyang negosyo wherein an MBA degree will not matter, but gives off a bigger concept on business. of course she will fail, but those lessons are really helpful. .
    employee and entrepreneur are totally different mindset. here's why...
    employee's mindset - not risk taker in life specially if he's head of the family with kids, contentment as fixed income earner, after office hour wala nang iintindin sa work unlike employer di pa natatapos ang araw nagiisip na kung anong ang diskarte sa biznes sa next day.
    entrepreneur's mindset - risk taker, innovator, literally malikot ang pag-iisip kung saan pwede pagkakitaan. businessmen are usually love & enjoying what they doing. Also, Parents play a big factor to their children as early as teenager pa lang by telling them to help in their family/relatives business during summer vacation instead lakwatcha ang inaatupag
    Last edited by kimbon; December 18th, 2015 at 10:40 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    *Mentis, in addition to all the excellent insights here, I suggest giving her the opportunity to travel around the country and parts of the world. It does expands the mind, perspective in life and personal network, thereby giving her an edge

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    *Mentis, in addition to all the excellent insights here, I suggest giving her the opportunity to travel around the country and parts of the world. It does expands the mind, perspective in life and personal network, thereby giving her an edge
    tama. saan-saang lugar na lang tayo inilagay at inilukluk ng kapalaran.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    in other words bro dapat Street Smart sya. i remember ito ang naging topic natin nung may drinking session tayo last week.
    Hahaha. Naalala mo pa akala ko LASHING ka na.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Imho an mba is important if you want to move up the corporate ladder whereas work experience is better if you intend on going on your own. The max for employees in the ph is probably around 500k a month + benefits (cars, travel, bonus, etc). For many, that is more than enough, actually 100k a month is enough to support a family.

You also have to assess what your daughter likes doing. Like If she like drawing, she can take up architecture. If she likes math, engineering or accountancy. As long as its sensible (if she likes music..... Just let it be her hobby) you should let her do it. Parents shouldn't control what their child takes in college. If you force her to take something she doesnt want, she will just end up miserable one day.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    eh bakit naman mas malaki kay babae keysa kay lalaki???
    sakin wala akong ipapamana hanggang nabubuhay pa ako. Pero kung gustong mag biznes papahiramin ko pang-dagdag sa kanyang capital. I remind them hiram lang ito at di TY. why? para ipaalam na may obligation silang mag bayad sa pinag-kautangan. para malaman ang kahalagan ng pera, na hindi ito nahihingi lang kundi pinaghihirapan, na ang pera ay hindi din madaling kitain at hindi habang buhay kumikita.
    More on safety lang siguro. If ever na lokohin or iwan man siya ng asawa niya e she know to her self na kaya niya mag isa... Syempre ang anak asa side lagi ng babae yan, so alam din niya na kaya niyang buhayin anak niya na siya lang.
    Sa ngayon we try different business na pwede naming pa mana sa anak namin. Our ultimate goal e wala ng maging employee sa next generation namin..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    Agree.
    Pa experience mo sir ang luxury ng life. Then explain to her na ito ang makukuha mo kung gagalingan mo.
    Sa college student i highly recommend na mag boarding house or mag rent ng room. Para malaman niya how to take care her self and budget.. if kayang tiisin e limit din ang allowance and push her to work if she want something to buy. She can do project of other or work as freelance related sa course niya ang job.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    that's because they know they can keep you for nothing. "walang pupuntahan ito atin na for life." mag-leave ka ng 2 days, sabihin mo sa boss mo may job interview kang pupuntahan. check mo lang kung ano gagawin nya. pero para mas maganda totohanin mo na may job interview para hindi naman sayang yung leave days mo.
    Yup, no such thing as loyalty from the company. They wont hesitate to get rid of you pag kelangan.

The dilemma ive been facing for years is i am a good fit sa culture, maganda ang samahan with colleagues, but mababa ang sweldo and i am bored sa work.

Money can't buy happiness but neither can poverty LOL.

I am currently applying and saving up as much as I can para pag di ko na ma take ang boredom at sweldo e nakapag tayo nako ng small biz and I have enough cash to survive unemployment. I shall call this the FU money. If ni counter offer nila ako then FU. If sabihin nila i am up for another promotion and i should stay then FU LOL.

One more thing I learned at work: if you are irreplaceable, you might also be unpromotable. If thats even a word.

If ikaw lang nkaka alam ng work mo (common sa IT, i'm an IT pro) then yes 'valuable' ka. Ive seen it. Employee threathens to resign, company folds with a counter offer. But then you are stuck in that position. They can promote your level, but not your scope.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast