New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    Academics will get your foot in the door, pero when it comes down to it, soft skills ang nag pe play ng bigger role sa success.

Also, according to a recent research, its better to move on to different jobs talaga pag gusto mo lumaki ang sweldo mo, instead of waiting for promotions. Max na daw ang 3 years per company.
    Tama but dapat madami kang alam dito at madami kang dalang pasensya.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Academics will get your foot in the door, pero when it comes down to it, soft skills ang nag pe play ng bigger role sa success.

Also, according to a recent research, its better to move on to different jobs talaga pag gusto mo lumaki ang sweldo mo, instead of waiting for promotions. Max na daw ang 3 years per company.

I kinda agree, im stuck with my first and only company for almost 10 years now. Mejo napag iwanan nako sa sweldo, kahit na 4 times nako na promote.
    that's because they know they can keep you for nothing. "walang pupuntahan ito atin na for life." mag-leave ka ng 2 days, sabihin mo sa boss mo may job interview kang pupuntahan. check mo lang kung ano gagawin nya. pero para mas maganda totohanin mo na may job interview para hindi naman sayang yung leave days mo.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006

I kinda agree, im stuck with my first and only company for almost 10 years now. Mejo napag iwanan nako sa sweldo, kahit na 4 times nako na promote.
    That depends on the company. In my previous company, maraming nandun for at least 10 years. Hindi naman napagiiwanan ng sweldo. In fact, ang problem nga is hindi sila mapirate kasi mas mataas pa sweldo nila sa offer ng iba.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Am gonna let her read this thread to pick up good ideas from the experienced guys,
    though I myself is also giving her a very good vision in building up a career and eventually ending up with a high paying position (in w/c) all parents want for their child.

Well, i'll give her the decision whether she like to go MBA upon undergrad next year or find a work first.

And siguro, all I can do now is freshening up all my contact relation sa mga friends kong nasa magagandang position at kumpanya, connections matters most of the time din.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentis View Post
    Am gonna let her read this thread to pick up good ideas from the experienced guys, though I myself is also giving her a very good vision in building up a career and eventually ending up with a high paying position ( in w/c ) all parents want for their child.

We are just a working class family, so hindi kaya ng budget na maenroll sa prestious colleges maaapektuhan ang pag-aaral ng 2 pa na nasa peivate school din.

high paying position.. actually, its an employee's mindset. living in by 15th and 30th... maski gano pa din kataas ang sweldo nyan, mataas pa din ang expenses nyan, unless he/she receives 1M/month (which is at the highest executive level, mga temang SVP and up for huge companies).

why not change her mindset to an entrepreneur's mindset? mas madami syang matututunan sa sarili nyang negosyo wherein an MBA degree will not matter, but gives off a bigger concept on business. of course she will fail, but those lessons are really helpful.

so instead of paying around 80k/sem, ipang kapital mo na lang muna sa small business nya that she can grow. pag nawala and nag fail, ok lang.... tuition fee.... and do better next time.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Some MBA schools won't accept an applicant if they have no prior work experience.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    high paying position.. actually, its an employee's mindset. living in by 15th and 30th... maski gano pa din kataas ang sweldo nyan, mataas pa din ang expenses nyan, unless he/she receives 1M/month (which is at the highest executive level, mga temang SVP and up for huge companies).

why not change her mindset to an entrepreneur's mindset? mas madami syang matututunan sa sarili nyang negosyo wherein an MBA degree will not matter, but gives off a bigger concept on business. of course she will fail, but those lessons are really helpful.

so instead of paying around 80k/sem, ipang kapital mo na lang muna sa small business nya that she can grow. pag nawala and nag fail, ok lang.... tuition fee.... and do better next time.
    Agree ako dito.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Provide guidance but let her choose her own path. And also, let her pay for her graduate degree or tell her to apply for a scholarship.

She's an adult. She will not benefit from any pampering.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    On being an entrepreneur vs employee: depende rin sa tao yan. Nganga lang ako when i read about career corporate guys at the CEO level(technically, still employees) getting tens of millions in bonuses, stock options, etc. Kahit mga EVP nakakakuha ng magandang sweldo/benefits/bonuses/golden parachute upon retirement.

Couple that with a keen eye for investment, and you could do quite well than most businessmen. Wala ka pang sakit sa ulo in running a business.

Me alam din akong nagtrabaho sa ME, worked his *$$ off for 10+ years, came back home and bought property that he rents out. i can only speculate that either he got a really high paying job, or nakatiming siya ng 1997 crisis and bought those properties at rock bottom prices. Ngayon puro basketball na lang with his college buddies ang inaatupag ^_^

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    On being an entrepreneur vs employee: depende rin sa tao yan. Nganga lang ako when i read about career corporate guys at the CEO level(technically, still employees) getting tens of millions in bonuses, stock options, etc. Kahit mga EVP nakakakuha ng magandang sweldo/benefits/bonuses/golden parachute upon retirement.

Couple that with a keen eye for investment, and you could do quite well than most businessmen. Wala ka pang sakit sa ulo in running a business.

Me alam din akong nagtrabaho sa ME, worked his *$$ off for 10+ years, came back home and bought property that he rents out. i can only speculate that either he got a really high paying job, or nakatiming siya ng 1997 crisis and bought those properties at rock bottom prices. Ngayon puro basketball na lang with his college buddies ang inaatupag ^_^
    Go to any exclusive subdivision (Green Meadows, Dasma, etc), very few employees there compared to businessmen.

Our CEO doesn't earn nearly as much as what some of my businessmen friends earn. And that's a CEO of a multinational already. VPs of smaller companies earn much less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast