New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Start with your hobbies/skills or whatever you're good at then bank on it.

If that doesn't work (although usually it does), then look for feasibility studies or books on how to do business if you're not a natural businessman.

Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Importante sa lahat ay ejoy ka sa negosyong papasukan mo para you dont feel like working at all... lets say you always want to be online para makapagtsikot hehehe, pwede ka mag internet cafe lalo na kung gusto mo na ikaw mismo ang magmamanage.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken
    How about computer business? sa 300k budget, ibili mo ng PC yung 200K maybe 8-10 units. remaining 100k gamitin mo sa dp sa stall; phone/dsl line; aircon; permit etc....

napakagandang business nito pag natutunan mo pasikot-sikot, good example is my brother, he'll be opening his 6th branch this month. he started with 3 units yung Cyrix pa sikat na processor nun.

san kaya makakabili ng murang computer units?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 2slow
    lending or small loans. its the only business na boom pag crisis. hehehehe just make sure you dont have bad debts.
    mas boom ito kapag boom ang economy! expansion of capital and business, stock trading on margin, etc...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ive been doing business since i was 13-14, im handling some of our business... and hindi sa nagdiscourage ah, pero when you do business, make sure na may funds ka for running loss ng 3mos at least, and personal gastos for 6mos... kung giveup mo day job mo...

biggest problem is not marketing, sales, or operations... but HR! human resources... trust me... my friends and i always talk about how to handle people... pamatay yun linya na "boss may sakit ang anak ko..." "wala na kaming matuluyan..." etc... masakit nun is totoo siya... you have to have funds for employee loans... you staff is your biggest asset...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Kwento ko lang....

Yung family namin are into beauty salons/parlor business. We're in this business for almost 20 years na. We ventured out initially sa isang branch sa Cubao/Araneta Center. Nag-boom naman and little we did know we made it to 6 branches within that area. For a small capital, we started out mga ilang silya, salamin at mga gamit and eventually, thru God's blessings na din, eh lumago naman. I manage yung mga technical aspects like electricals and repairs of equipment, also mga purchasing/delivery ng supplies.

Pero recently, we downsized to a couple of branch to give way sa Gateway Mall construction. And now that mall is operational, we were offerred to have a unit there pero napakataas ng dues. So we decided na lumipat ng iba place within Araneta. Pero ang nakakatuwa, dami pa din loyal customers. Mga staff ng National Bookstore/SM/Farmers/Uniwide(nung di pa sinunog), eh dun lagi nakatambay sa amin every breaktime nila.

The most important thing sa business is meron kang knowhow, like my mom/titas, they've been in the business some decades ago, started out just an ordinary employee and now an entrepreneur. Kaya recently we're slowly venturing to other business as well like cars/van rentals and lending. Might also consider I-net cafe since I work in the IT field naman kaya no problem sa knowhow, timing lang kami sa place and of course, budget.

Given that budget, am pretty sure you have a lot of things in mind right now. Always keep in mind lang na bago mo pasukin yun is you know a lot of that thing already. Sa panahon ngayon, di biro magbitaw ng ganyan kalaking puhunan.

Good luck po whatever that business is.....

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Booming ngayon yung mga facial/beauty spa! Dami kasing gustong gumanda ngayon kahit lalaki ay nagpapa-facial. Medyo mataas lang ang overhead sa rental...depende din sa location ng Beauty Shop mo.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    mas matindi pa sa stock market ang risk sa prawn farming... lalo na pag nakakuha ka ng caretaker na asungot, sigurado sila ang yayaman at hindi ikaw... laki ng nasunog sa amin dyan way back early 90's... magtinda ka na lang ng fish ball at squid ball sa mga cart... sigurado pa... karaniwan na sa prawn farming ang mga tumutubo sa umpisa hanggang 3 hulog siguro... pero sa mga susunod nakow, tingnan lang natin kung meron pang lumaki na mga sugpo, hehehehe... ang makikita mong mga sugpo e pang hibi na lang... hihihihi

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wulf
    finally got around to the "rich dad, poor dad" audiobook that's been w/ me for quite some time now, and i must say, t'was an eye-opener...lines like "if you have to be there, it's not your business, it's your job" or " if it's not making money, it's a liability, not an asset." and it couldn't have been more relevant to us now that we are buying our own place (instead of renting)... i know i could google or buy entrepreneur magazine for info but, i'm assuming that a lot of tsikoteers are successful businessmen (how else can you afford your "toys") so i'd like to get your insights, i'm pretty sure others would find this beneficial.

anyways, so the question is: with a budget of, 100k/200k/300k, what business can one start-up that has more potential/chances than most other businesses to make a profit? of course there are a host of other factors (location, sound business management/practice, etc) but just to help out wannabe entrepreneurs get in the right direction, maybe you could share your thoughts, eh? you may or may not share trade secrets thanks a bunch in advance
    how 'bout pay yourself first

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkaboy
    san kaya makakabili ng murang computer units?

Interesado ka? may mairerecommend ako sayo, he can give you 2-3 years warranty on parts. sya din nagsusupply sa manila bulletin.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
good businesses for: 100k/200k/300k