New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Walang native gmelina, native sa india yun.
    ah hehehe..medyo wala pa ako talaga research sa gmelina iniisip ko nga ung proportions nung tree farm ko between gmelina at mahogany...actually iniisip ko din ung teak tree kasi sa marsse meron din clang ganun pang export.dun sa area na bibilhin ko halos lahat ng tanim ay sugarcane...baka mag alot din ako ng few hectares para sa sugarcane plantation para naman meron short term yearly income...medium term ung gmelina at long term ung sa mahogany..

plan ko din organic fertilizer farming para tipid at parang mas may thrill
    sa ngayon medyo anxious ako sa management ng tree farm as well as ung business plans..i hope ung seminar sa marssee eh makatulong sakin sa part na to.

iniisip ko din ung future market ng tree farm natin...sa tingin nyo ba malaki padin ang demands?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

You should have at least 1.5 hectares for sugarcane for it to be a profitable crop. Otherwise you're better off planting corn (any variety) or soya.
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; September 18th, 2013 at 12:27 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

You should have at least 1.5 hectares for sugarcane for it to be a profitable crop. Otherwise you're better off planting corn (any variety) or soya.
    nice tips! maybe you have lot of experiences in this field.
    maybe you can also give me any figures or estimates regarding sugarcane farming...what do you think is the potential estimate on cost per hectare in sugarcane? they say, sugarcane is usable until around 3 croppings using its ratoon for at least the next 2 croppings so they say cost is significantly reduced on the 2nd cropping..but i have no figures..
    what is the potential profit from this per hectare per year (1 cropping per year right?) assuming the location is region 2 in nothern luzon?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

OT: Sorry .. :D

That depends on the variables in your area boss. But maybe we would have similarities along the way.

In Negros, we only use the ratoons until the second cropping. Fertilizer expense goes up if you use it on the third or fourth. Cost goes down on the second cropping since you dont have to use farm machinery in cultivating (re: pulling out the old sugarcane roots, aerating the soil, preparation). These involves tractor rental (if you don't have one) plus fuel, oil, etc.

Our farm average per hectare is 95 tons (sugarcane). Minimum per hectare is at 80 tons, equivalent roughly to about 110 bags of sugar (raw). Prices vary, but as an example, for the crop year 2010 - 2011, it was hovering at Php 2000 per 50 kilo sack.

2013 prices for refined is at Php 1900++. Raw is at Php 1500++

Some reading resources:

http://www.philsurin.org.ph/
    http://www.sra.gov.ph/
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; September 18th, 2013 at 01:19 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    ^

That depends on the variables in your area boss. But maybe we would have similarities along the way.

In Negros, we only use the ratoons until the second cropping. Fertilizer expense goes up if you use it on the third or fourth. Cost goes down on the second cropping since you dont have to use farm machinery in cultivating (re: pulling out the old sugarcane roots, aerating the soil, preparation). These involves tractor rental (if you don't have one) plus fuel, oil, etc.

Our farm average per hectare is 95 tons (sugarcane). Minimum per hectare is at 80 tons, equivalent roughly to about 110 bags of sugar (raw). Prices vary, but as an example, for the crop year 2010 - 2011, it was hovering at Php 2000 per 50 kilo sack.

Some reading resources:

Home
    http://www.sra.gov.ph/
    wow! i thought i found a gem of expertise in you sir!
    those figures are really good! my research says that typically, 1 hectare of sugarcane yields around 60++ tons and the government is recommending technologies to improve to around 80 tons...but in you farm wow that's at least close to the yield in other countries where they average i think around 110 tons per hectare.
    well negros is very popular location when it comes to high value agricultural croppings like palm oil tree...i was initially thinking of palm oil tree plantation since this is the most profitable agri crop, as per my research but found that the optimum location is in sourthern philippines...mahogany plantations i think also abound in negros..i think you have good rainfall average...and yes negros is also famous in sugarcane based on articles and documents i read mentioning your place..there is even an article about the deadly lotus infestation in large areas of negros affecting sugarcane plantations if i remember it right..

back to your sugarcane farm, 80 tons = 110 bags of raw sugar, 1 bag of raw sugar = 1500 min , so the gross sales per hectare = 110*1500=165,000. is my computation correct? 1 bag of raw sugar =50 kilos, if i understood you correctly?
    now, how about the overall expenses per hectare?

it seems like a considerable investment if say you have 10 hectares of sugarcane plantation...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    ^

Some reading resources:

Home
    SRA | Sugar Regulatory Administration
    those figures are really good! my research says that typically, 1 hectare of sugarcane yields around 60++ tons and the government is recommending technologies to improve to around 80 tons...but in you farm wow that's at least close to the yield in other countries where they average i think around 110 tons per hectare.
    well negros is very popular location when it comes to high value agricultural croppings like palm oil tree...i was initially thinking of palm oil tree plantation since this is the most profitable agri crop, as per my research but found that the optimum location is in sourthern philippines...mahogany plantations i think also abound in negros..i think you have good rainfall average...and yes negros is also famous in sugarcane based on articles and documents i read mentioning your place..there is even an article about the deadly lotus infestation in large areas of negros affecting sugarcane plantations if i remember it right..

back to your sugarcane farm, 80 tons = 110 bags of raw sugar, 1 bag of raw sugar = 1500 min , so the gross sales per hectare = 110*1500=165,000. is my computation correct? 1 bag of raw sugar =50 kilos, if i understood you correctly?

it seems like a considerable investment if say you have 10 hectares of sugarcane plantation...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by morningbliss View Post
    May hacienda yan si lsb sa negros. If you need to learn anything about sugarcane he's the man to ask.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    May hacienda yan si lsb sa negros. If you need to learn anything about sugarcane he's the man to ask.
    oo nga brod eh location palang eh Sugarlandia....cguro if ganyan mga investments natin at ka expansive dina natin kailangan mag abroad ....

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by morningbliss View Post

The mean average for the Philippines is about 70+ tons there abouts. We are fortunate to have a river crossing our farm, as irrigation really helps in crop growth over the summer months, hence our healthy yields on overall tonnage per hectare.

Actually there are a lot of factors to consider in sugarcane farming. Soil class for one, topography, etc. Other factors such as variety of sugarcane used and availability of irrigation can be considered in assessing the input cost and amount of output produced.

Atin atin lang to ha ...

Average cost per hectare for us is at 75 to 80k per hectare. This would include all the variables from mechanized field preparation, planting, weeding, fertilizers, mechanized irrigation (summer crops), worker salaries, etc.

I hope that answers your question.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Boss... empleyado lang din po ako ng tatay ko ...

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast