New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Tip: Improve your financial literacy. It is free using just your browser and the internet.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Buy only what you need, not what you want.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I enjoy travelling too but I don't make an effort to save money for it. I just go with my family so I don't have to pay for airfare and accommodations. I know people that travel every chance they get (eg long weekends) and some that really allot a budget for travel. I am not that way lang talaga, and it saves me money
    I try to live self-sufficiently kasi. After grad wala na kong hiningi sa parents ko. Actually kahit tuition for high school and college I made an effort na they don't have to pay a single cent (well except for allowance).

So pag sa travel, I really allot a travel fund from my salary. Maliit lang, but over the course of a few months kahit papano nakakaipon din and nalilibre ko pa family ko. I discovered that it feels good to be the one doing the treating than the one being treated

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    It is a common Filipino trait to be materialistic and flamboyant. Picture this: having a signature bag but haggle too much even the most inexpensive merchandise from a sidewalk vendor. Di bagay noh?

Nakiki wi-fi lang
    Reminds of of an incident when i was buying a billard table. Haggling with the owner of the shop then he told me, huwag na kayao tumawad sir, kayang-kaya mo naman bayaran eh, puro signature ang suot nyo myula ulo hangang paa pati na bracelet.

BTT: I aim for a big expense like investing on new projects that force me to save.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    What are your habits that help you cut your expenses?

Share us your tips! Let me start...

1. I pay for my credit card in full and on time
    2. I don't purchase items with interest
    3. I have my haircut once or twice a year
    4. I paint my own nails - this saves half the cost per salon visit
    5. We are slowly replacing our regular lights to LED lights
    6. I make use of free items or rewards (eg free coke at shell for every P2k receipt)
    7. We use power sockets with switch - surprisingly reduced our electrical bill since all our TVs, fans etc used to be plugged in directly at the socket and that is supposed to consume electricity daw
    8. I don't keep up with trends on technology - I will use my gadget until it dies
    9. I cancelled my magazine and newpaper subscription
    10. I don't regularly buy clothes or shoes - I buy cheap flats from the tiangge (mostly around P300-400)
    11. I don't spend for vacations - I don't itch to travel. This makes up for a big expense for some family and friends!
    12. I shop online to look for better deals - I buy a lot of items from Amazon and it saves me a lot of money
    13. I wax my car - aside from saving money, I also go by "If you want something done well, do it yourself"
    14. I go to the wet market to buy fish and vegetables - it's so much cheaper than buying at the supermarket
    15. I avoid going to places where I have to pay for parking
    16. I plan my trips - hindi ako naglalagari when driving
    Hi Cathy!
    San ba maka bili ng power outlet with switch? Gusto kung bumili nyan jan sa Pinas. Yan na kasi ginagamit dito sa Australia, at iba kasi ang plug type dito.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I try to live self-sufficiently kasi. After grad wala na kong hiningi sa parents ko. Actually kahit tuition for high school and college I made an effort na they don't have to pay a single cent (well except for allowance).

So pag sa travel, I really allot a travel fund from my salary. Maliit lang, but over the course of a few months kahit papano nakakaipon din and nalilibre ko pa family ko. I discovered that it feels good to be the one doing the treating than the one being treated

I could probably afford to do that when I am earning as much as you are

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Cainglet View Post
    Hi Cathy!
    San ba maka bili ng power outlet with switch? Gusto kung bumili nyan jan sa Pinas. Yan na kasi ginagamit dito sa Australia, at iba kasi ang plug type dito.

It's available at the department store (Ace Hardward or True Value etc)

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    In addition to TS, I pay my utility bills 12 months ahead of schedule to get 1 month free of subscription like CATV, association dues etc... We buy fruits per box instead of per kilo in divisoria then we share it with my sister & relatives. I buy majority of my housewares stuff in divisoria also ( di sa 168 mall ah...) kundi may mga specific stores for kitchenware, office supplies, fruits, etc.... Kaya nga pag pumupunta kami ng divisoria di pwede kotse ang dala dapat ay big car eh. baka next time truck na siguro. hehe
    We avail of these pay in advance promos too. We pay our Real Estate/Property Taxes 3 yrs in advance, aside from getting a 20% discount, you don't have to worry for the next 3 years.

Would you have an idea how much more cheaper (%) if you buy per box?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I could probably afford to do that when I am earning as much as you are
    I'm pretty sure you earn much more than I do Cath. 😊

It's really about budgeting/prioritizing and living way below your means.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    We avail of these pay in advance promos too. We pay our Real Estate/Property Taxes 3 yrs in advance, aside from getting a 20% discount, you don't have to worry for the next 3 years.

Would you have an idea how much more cheaper (%) if you buy per box?
    Is that so. I never knew about this & definitely check on this come Jan 2015. Will surely save a lot doing it.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    I'll try that 3-yr real estate tax.

I'm still using a "dumb" phone. I don't need data plans.
    I don't have a tv. Everything is available in the internet anyway, plus I would not want to see those nonsense local tv shows.

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast