New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Has anybody here purchased from Galleon.ph (Galleon - Homepage )?

They have an item I am looking for but I have no experience with online purchasing.

Okay ba sila?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    From their sulit page, they're pretty much an importer of hard-to-find goods at ridiculous prices.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    From their sulit page, they're pretty much an importer of hard-to-find goods at ridiculous prices.
    true at that, i was actually looking to purchase a bellroy wallet from them kaso ang mahal ng benta nila hehe

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    True, mukhang mataas nga ang presyo nila.

Looks like a 50% or more mark up. Of course, sagot na nila ang import taxes and other costs of delivery though.

Assuming you can pay the price (compared to ordering it yourself), maaasahan ba sila?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What's the item, if you don't mind? If it's sold in the US, you are better off using Johnnyair's service. I have heard good feedback on it. They will provide you a US address then from there they will ship it to Manila.

I just checked out the homepage. Sample item:

12 pcs of Irish Spring Bath Soap - P2851. WTF? That is ridiculous.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; December 16th, 2013 at 03:04 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    What's the item, if you don't mind? If it's sold in the US, you are better off using Johnnyair's service. I have heard good feedback on it. They will provide you a US address then from there they will ship it to Manila.
    I've shipped a lot of stuff through johnny air. Never had any problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Can you order the item through Johnnyair service or do you have to buy this yourself online and then have it delivered to the US address of Johnnyair?

It is a small item, costs about $5 tops, but it is out of stock on any of the online stores. I am hesitant to try eBay or Amazon. Plus, I do not have any paypal or equivalent payment account. Neither do I want to use my credit card online.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    Can you order the item through Johnnyair service or do you have to buy this yourself online and then have it delivered to the US address of Johnnyair?

It is a small item, costs about $5 tops, but it is out of stock on any of the online stores. I am hesitant to try eBay or Amazon. Plus, I do not have any paypal or equivalent payment account. Neither do I want to use my credit card online.
    You buy it yourself online, then you use the US address of Johnny Air. You need to inform them of the item you ordered. Cost will be calculated based on weight or dimension ata. I am not sure of the exact details though.

Amazon is very safe. I have ordered countless items from Amazon in the past years- food, clothes, shoes, makeup, supplements, books etc. I NEVER had an item that was not delivered. If you have a BPI card, you can ask for an internet card.

Maybe falken can give you the contact of johnny air?
    Last edited by _Cathy_; December 16th, 2013 at 03:10 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I can Google the contact numbers of Johnnyair.

I am a bit hesitant in buying online with an entity that I cannot go after physically.

From what I learned from the Galleon.ph website, you can pay by depositing the amount at BPI and you have the deposit slip as your proof of payment and documentary trail. Plus may offices sila sa Manila where you can call and/or physical go to for complaints, if ever.

Isip isip muna bago sasabak

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    I can Google the contact numbers of Johnnyair.

I am a bit hesitant in buying online with an entity that I cannot go after physically.

From what I learned from the Galleon.ph website, you can pay by depositing the amount at BPI and you have the deposit slip as your proof of payment and documentary trail. Plus may offices sila sa Manila where you can call and/or physical go to for complaints, if ever.

Isip isip muna bago sasabak

I was like you at first but Amazon changed the way I shop Now I order from other websites as well. Try to look for your item at Amazon and see how it is priced. I swear by Amazon talaga.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast