New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    I,ve got some savings that i wanna invest in the food industry. My problem is i'm not sure if i should do my own thing or franchise. I need some insites to help me decide what to do.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by invoicer2lits View Post
    I,ve got some savings that i wanna invest in the food industry. My problem is i'm not sure if i should do my own thing or franchise. I need some insites to help me decide what to do.
    If you know nothing about the business, then get the franchise. It's too risky if you have no prior experience.

I'm not saying it's not gonna work if you do it your own. It's just that the risk is very high.

May risk pa rin ang franchise, but lesser na ito, dahil the master franchise can assist you on the several business aspects, including operation, marketing, HR, Supply Chain, etc. Pera lang ang kailangan nila, and perhaps a good location, depending on what type of franchise you want.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    kung maliit ang money on hand...i'll go for a franchise with a small initial investment and franchse fee. like fishball, siopao, waffle stands sa lrt. yung mga malaki at sikat na, medyo malaki ang frnchise fee kaya mahirap at matagal ang ROI.

pero kung meron kang sure supplier ng isang food item pwede din siguro ikaw mag tayo ng sariling pangalan... dun sa marikina they sell siopao for 10 each, marami sa garahe lang yung stall, tried a few and iisa ang lasa so mukhang iisa supplier.

any business be it franchise or your own name... may risk lahat, the way to go is dapat you the owner knows the business. hindi pwedeng uupo ka lang at i-aasa mo lang sa tauhan lahat. kasi kahit frnchise na may system na, pero nagloko mga tauhan patay pa din yung shop.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    imho, a franchise would be a good way to get your feet wet, especially if you know nothing about owning a business. but be careful selecting a franchise; a friend of mine made the mistake of getting a potato cuddler franchise not so long ago. they pretty much left him twisting in the wind once he forked over the franchise fees.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    I was in the same boat late last year. Franchise or have our own. It turns out that franchising will only make parent company richer. What did I do? Did my own research and came up with my own. Results = savings of at least P750,000 and your own name to your credit. And now, we are even doing than the bigger company.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    I was in the same boat late last year. Franchise or have our own. It turns out that franchising will only make parent company richer. What did I do? Did my own research and came up with my own. Results = savings of at least P750,000 and your own name to your credit. And now, we are even doing than the bigger company.

sir pwede po malaman kung anong mga products nyo?

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    tnx fireblade. i like d sound of ur advice. as the saying goes " pag may tiyaga, may nilaga".

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by skipp3r View Post
    sir pwede po malaman kung anong mga products nyo?
    We are into services, training to be exact. There was a major player in the industry who offered a franchise and I inquired. Fortunately, the services were not that hard to accomplish and reinvent. Hence, our very own now.

Check my avatar sir.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    opinion ko lang sir noh? mas iba ang sense of ownership pag sarili mong concepto ang masunod, isa pa, madali naman pag aralan ang mga pagtakbo ng negosyo, pare pareho lang ang input nyan, lahat natututunan sa actual at sa research. abundant naman ang resources dito sa atin. ang importante dapat may dedication at passion dun sa gagawin mo.

Good luck sa imo tsong kun ano man pipiliin mo i-execute mo agad para di ka mapako sa empleyo.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Add'l info...

there are time that you need to franchise and own one. weigh your options pros and cons. minsan sa nasa hilig mo or kinalakihan. minsan naman dahil expert ka sa lugar na yun.

im into food as well.
    Last edited by ineedmorehp; May 16th, 2007 at 11:47 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
be an entrepreneur or just franchise?