New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post
    ok na rin naman to invest on Condo... Pero mas ok na yung resale na mura... We bought one condo that is way below market value and rented it out.. tagal nga lang ng ROI pero self liquidating naman eh kasi naka Loan din... hehehe...
    Yes sir. I agree. I'm planning to do the same thing.. Another way to earn money is to sell it po after making some improvements on it..

BTW, I have some resale units.. Let me know po if you need some.. Thanks

Happy Investing!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    what do you mean?

ano yun after ilang years gigibain na?

it's not the condo buildings that has a lifespan, it's the corporation that runs the condo that has a 50 years lifespan as per Philippine laws.. pero that can be solved naman create another corporation..

the building itself, kung maintained properly can last a lifetime..
    Thats true... But still all building structures has its life span, not like lots...
    Would you think that the corporation would spend its own money to maintain a building thats already been sold... Hmmm i donno the answer

Please correct me if im wrong thx

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    when a building get sold.. a new corporation corp is formed by tenants as unit owners.. each owner owning a share of the building and the lot.. that's how it works.. so ang magpapatakbo at mag ma maintain na nang building eh unit owners thru the condo corp..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyLover View Post
    Thats true... But still all building structures has its life span, not like lots...
    Would you think that the corporation would spend its own money to maintain a building thats already been sold... Hmmm i donno the answer

Please correct me if im wrong thx
    Yep the LAND is the golden egg, the house depreciates over time or in this case the condo. Although there are location considerations which can make the condo still appreciate even if its old. A land on a good location would still be better than a condo in a good location. And realty tax is much much cheaper than association dues on a condo. Even if your condo is vacant you still need to pay association dues...

Ang kalaban mo lang is squatters pero kung nasa matinong lugar naman (like a gated village for example) di naman mag-squatting yan. If the area is prone to squatting (God only knows why you buy a land prone to it dahil sigurado bagsak value nya) then just hire a security allow his family to live with him on a shack in the lot. Arm him with an M16!

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    It is not necessarily correct that lots are better than condos, it still depends on the situation. For example if you have only P5M alloted for your investment, and you are choosing between a condo unit and a lot. If you get a condo you can have it rented out then money is coming in, for a certain amount of time you can sell it higher price if you bought a unit in a nice location, after earning rental income. Meanwhile if you get a lot for the same amount, either you spend again to build a structure so you can do something on it like have it rented out or just leave it as is and wait for it to appreciate (it still depends on whatever development happens in the area to affect appreciation, pano kung wala masyado or kung minals malas ka pa na binaha pa yung lugar), meanwhile you have to pay for monthy dues and real property taxes every year.

Sa kabilang banda kung nag research ka at alam mo kung saan ang mga kalsadang planong gawan ng gobyerno in the future at may mabibili kang mura pa ngayon may tsamba ka, magintay ka lang, for the meantime bakuran mo yung lupa mo at magbayad ka muna ng taunang amelyar. Gaya ng isang ektarya na pinapabenta ng tyuhin ko sakin, mga 10-15 meters away from the proposed visayas ave extension, 6k daw/sqm pwede pang tawaran at baratin basta lapagan mo ng salapi(matanda na may ari) madali na yan kasuapin. Pag natapos na yung visayas ave extension, kayo na humusga kung magkano na yun by that time. Yung may ari daw ng lupa na tinutumbok ng visayas ave sa tandang sora pinadalhan na ng DPWH ng sulat para sa planong proyekto. Sorry plugging.

Basta its always case to case basis, do your research, learn from others, and trust your instinct.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    I Yung may ari daw ng lupa na tinutumbok ng visayas ave sa tandang sora pinadalhan na ng DPWH ng sulat para sa planong proyekto.

Basta its always case to case basis, do your research, learn from others, and trust your instinct.
    Baka angkinin din ni Torres:

Cops, sheriff back QC land takeover raids | Inquirer News

My take is it also depends on the needs and purpose. I personally would keep a mix of land and condos if given the means to invest in these.

If your intent is a quick turn-around in terms of rental income, or you want convenience and dont have the time to maintain a house and lot then usually condos in the business district sound viable. Some uncles and aunts of mine who are entering retirement and whose kids moved out already sold their gated community houses and moved into high-end condos instead.

Gone are the days when you could purchase large land tracts in the NCR, maintain it as is (and keep squatters out) and get windfall years later as development reaches it. Now, for you to earn on the land you have, you really have to purchase and develop it... unless you're lucky enough to inherit a prime piece of property your family purchased before.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    ^^ Narinig ko rin sa radio kanina yan, ibang klase talaga to si Torres, gulatan lang talaga ang puhunan.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Depends on how nice and where the condo is. My dad bought a condo at rizal tower rockwell, he got it for 20M pre-selling pa lang 3 bed room. Pina rent niya muna for 5 years, not sure how much but no more than 200k a month after niya pa rent na bawi na niya lagpas kalahati ng binayad niya, ayaw pa nga umalis ning nag rerent kahit daw taasan monthly ok lang. Now pag umuuwi sila dito sa philippines don na sila tumitira. Sabi nga niya if he only knew that rockwell would be that nice dapat dinamihan na niya ang bili at pina rent pa. Ngayon bentahan sa rizal tower ng 3 bed room 50m-60m unahan pa ang mga bibili.

So yes it's a good investment if you choose a nice condo.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Napansin ko lang sa condo, either mataas ang rental income pero mababa ang capital growth OR mababa rental income pero mataas capital growth.

Bumili ako ng lumang condo. Maganda sa luma ang lalaki ng cuts. Ang taas ng rent na nakukuha ko vs my investment. Kung i-compute ko without factoring in capital growth/inflation 10 years bawi ko na. Pero dahil luma na building, baka di na masyado tumaas value.

Kapatid ko naman bumili ng bago sa Fort. Kung i-compute mo sa rental without capital growth/inflation, mga 15-20 years nya mababawi. Pero mas malaki potential na tumaas ang value ng property. Concern ko lang sa Fort, sobra daming tinatayo. Kung tumaas man value ng property mo, baka mahirapan ka din ibenta- so di mo rin mapapakinabangan yung growth?

Yung sa kapatid ko binebenta na nya, pero di nya mabenta sa market value. Kaya ginawa nalang nya para mabenta, kung magkano nya nabili 2 years ago, ganun din nya binebenta. So ano yun, "artificial" lang ang pag taas ng value, baka sabi lang ng mga developer? Or dahil sa over supply?

Please post your opinions. Gusto ko kasi bumili ng isa pa, di ko lang alam kung sa luma ulit ako bibili o sa bago naman.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Bro get one at rockwell, meron 2 bago tinatayo don one rockwell and edades. One rockwell december na turn over, edades 2013 ata. Condo prices in rockwell just keeps rising, meron binebenta sa akin last year sa amorsolo 27M but nag back out owner tapos ngayon he decided to sell it again 33M na ang price. Imagine sa one rockwell december pa turnover but konti na lang ang units for sale karamihan pa studio type ang natira. Sa edades naman 3 bed rooms konti na lang ang natitira pero kelan lang sila mag start mag benta.

From what i see in the fort condos, just last year then while i was in the hunt for a new place to live dagain mga condos don. Kaya siguro di tumataas ang value. Actually dapat don ako bibili instead of rockwell but i have 2 friends who lives in the fort and they say the same thing na dagain nga daw since dami restaurant sa baba ng mga condo.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Does investing on a condominium still a good idea?