New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Need to verify this cryptic message I received from a friend in my email. Sabi niya na sasara daw ang Citibank. I asked him if he meant locally or globally.

I asked for more details but he got it from his friend in SG and there seems to be something about lay-offs and dropping stock. Honestly am not familiar with much of this.

Has anyone heard of news about this? Got any details? Just want to see how this will affect my credit cards.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    Need to verify this cryptic message I received from a friend in my email. Sabi niya na sasara daw ang Citibank. I asked him if he meant locally or globally.

I asked for more details but he got it from his friend in SG and there seems to be something about lay-offs and dropping stock. Honestly am not familiar with much of this.

Has anyone heard of news about this? Got any details? Just want to see how this will affect my credit cards.
    Must have been a knee jerk reaction to Citibank getting a loan to boost it's shares.

As for your credit cards, if citibank (local) does close its doors, your unpaid bills might be left uncollected (permanently) unless another bank buys out the accounts of citibank.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Citibank is the largest commercial bank in the US, if it did close, then everyone should panic hehehhe. Your credit card bills would be the least of your worries.

Sincerely doubt Citibank is remotely close to closing.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Does this the aftermath of the recent drop of stocks globally? If it is, then surely some will follow.....

But I think NO WAY!! They are one of the biggest bank all over the world.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Citibank was still holding on to billions and billions worth of subprime related securities when the subprime thing became headline news.

They could no longer sell the securities coz nobody will buy them. Many other big banks found themselves in the same situation.

Citi doesnt know how much of its assets are tainted with subprime. Same with the other banks. Nobody would lend money to anyone. Nobody trusted anyone. Credit evaporated.

Citi was in trouble bigtime!

It badly needed working capital

Citi badly needed saviors.

First, the Abu Dhabi govt pumped $7.5B into citi.

Then $15.4B from Singapore, Kuwait, former chief exec Weill, and Saudi prince Alwaleed bin Talal

So with that cash infusion, Citi was saved.

Bow.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post

Last nov., citi announced 17,000 will be laid off

Now, CNBC reported lay offs could be 20,000 to 24,000 worldwide

Pay your Citibank credit cards...

They need money hehe

If u dont pay, baka lalo sila malugi...

baka tuluyan magsara hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    will it be in favor of us CC holders if Citibank closes? Whats in it for us?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    so there is a truth to the rumors that citibank might close???

havent you notice good banks merges nowadays, bdo is getting a lot of shares, would this be healthy or threatening?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    dinaman nakakapagtaka yan.ala naman kasing permanent pagdating sa business.you may have been in the business for 1k years pasasaan din at darating din yong time ng iba tulad ng nararanasan ng ctbank.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Is Citibank closing?