New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Why the condescending tone regarding car wash businesses? I'd take the entrepreneurial investment of starting out a business over any Europe trip anytime. Dead-end? How can it be a dead-end when you can branch out to detailing, painting, etc. businesses? Want to innovate? Turn it something like a local autogeek site. Bottom line is: any business worth profiting is worth doing.

Selling the land now on the premise of spending the receipts for a Euro-trip seems like a bad investment for me. A Europe trip doesn't guarantee intellectual and entrepreneurial enlightenment and it seems pretty stupid to sacrifice current assets for questionable future returns. A better route would be to use the assets to generate future returns.
    pretty much this, only dumbasses would spend money to go on a trip where you'll gain nothing instead of investing your money into something. btw pop3corn how will your euro-trip pay off someday? when you're old an poor you can tell your grandchildren stories about your euro-trip?

even if it's just a carwash a business is a business. every business starts out small, how you manage your business will determine if it will grow.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Why the condescending tone regarding car wash businesses? I'd take the entrepreneurial investment of starting out a business over any Europe trip anytime. Dead-end? How can it be a dead-end when you can branch out to detailing, painting, etc. businesses? Want to innovate? Turn it something like a local autogeek site. Bottom line is: any business worth profiting is worth doing.

Selling the land now on the premise of spending the receipts for a Euro-trip seems like a bad investment for me. A Europe trip doesn't guarantee intellectual and entrepreneurial enlightenment and it seems pretty stupid to sacrifice current assets for questionable future returns. A better route would be to use the assets to generate future returns.

---
    may term si Karl Marx dyan eh dehumanization. it's the process of foregoing your true potential bec. mas prioritize mo ang capitalization of of your resources.

20 years now, you'll think about yourself, what did I really do in life - I clean cars for a living.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    pretty much this, only dumbasses would spend money to go on a trip where you'll gain nothing instead of investing your money into something. btw pop3corn how will your euro-trip pay off someday? when you're old an poor you can tell your grandchildren stories about your euro-trip?

even if it's just a carwash a business is a business. every business starts out small, how you manage your business will determine if it will grow.
    depende sa business. aral ka ng business management to clean cars. weh! grandchildren don't look up to you even if you amassed wealth or provided for them. grandchildren will look up to you if you have spirit and enthusiasm over what you do and thereby you infect them permanently. and the probability of that happening is (inspiring them by your enthusiasm) almost nil, as you will only impose your greatness and feats over them. chances are you become overbearing pa nga, and will you get hurt bec. one-sided magyayabang ka sa GC mo tapos, pag hindi nila na-reciprocate, you end up hurt, alone ... and old.

kaya nga sabi ko sa inyo punta kayo Europe, ang dami ko natutunan sa mga ancient people dun. this process of overcompensating for tomorrow should stop.
    Last edited by pop3corn; July 24th, 2012 at 02:27 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    In fairness, going to Europe now is good since they're in a recession.

However, setting up a business now is a great idea since borrowing rates are really low in the Philippines. Just be sure you have a viable business plan and execute it properly.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    may term si Karl Marx dyan eh dehumanization. it's the process of foregoing your true potential bec. mas prioritize mo ang capitalization of of your resources.

20 years now, you'll think about yourself, what did I really do in life - I clean cars for a living.
    I am more like "I save lives" well I am a nurse. Gusto ko lang may extra income and I love cars. Kaya ayan ang napili kong business ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    In fairness, going to Europe now is good since they're in a recession.

However, setting up a business now is a great idea since borrowing rates are really low in the Philippines. Just be sure you have a viable business plan and execute it properly.
    Yun nga sir. Thanks! ;)

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TS, payo ko lang wag mo sundin payo ni OB. The hell is that. Euro trip kapalit ng possible business? Eh ano naman kung washing cars lang kinabuhay niya?

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    ^agree.

saka pag nag-click naman yang business mo makakapag-euro trip ka din naman...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Oo naman hindi pa naman ako nawawala sa tamang pagiisip. Hehehe salamat sa mga payo boss! ;)

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    si OB dati may xerox (photocopy) business.
    one day nabasa ko, pinagbibenta na yung mga xerox machines nya.

mukhang pumalpak ka sa business management in photcopying ah..........

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Carwash business okay pa ba?