New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Have a couple of hits before and my family name is somewhat uncommon.
    Nakakuha naman ako ng nbi clearance.
    Summon muna ang matatanggap mo bago magkaroon ka ng kaso.
    Don't worry too much bro, your case can happen to anybody.
    Stay focus sa iyong board exam review!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nimphus View Post
    But according to the police report is that I have a pending case?
    That’s police report ang luamalabas sa NBI eh criminal case, Kung civic case hinde rin lalabas doon.

Kung talaganv takot ka punta ka doon sa court na meron hit name mo kumuha ka ng clearance sa judge na hind e ikaw yun Meron kaso sa court niya.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shadow; January 20th, 2019 at 08:43 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nimphus View Post
    I'm a graduating Civil Engineering student and I tried to file for an NBI clearance and this is what happened (from my previous post):

I tried to get an NBI clearance but I got a hit. I'm worried that I wont be able to file for the board exam.

This October I accidentaly hit someone with my car. The police were involved and I ended up having her sign an affidavit of desistance and having it notarized by a private lawyer. I asked reddit about it and a lawyer redditor told me that I may be summoned by the court and I should just show them the affidavit of desistance.

I wasn't summoned and there's no summon in my inbox. Is the hit because if this incident? What should I do if it is?

A state prosecutor told my girlfriend that I was dumb for worrying about as it would get thrown out of court especially since the family did not file a case against me. And I don't even have to show up when I'm summoned.

Is my future ruined now?

Edit: I forgot to mention that when I received the police report, written on it were:

Action Taken: Initially Investigated Recommendation: For prosecution Status of case: Pending

I posted this on reddit and most of them commented that I should not worry because that's just normal and it's probably because of someone having the same name as me.

Let's say the worst thing happens and I have a record.

I'm not worried about being in prison because the family assured me that they won't be filing a case. What I'm worried about is that no construction firm will hire me because of this record.

It wasn't a DUI, it was basically me being inattentive of road signs and I ran over someone's foot.

Any ideas or experiences with this situation? Thanks
    does the nbi document indicate some details of the case?
    if you know nothing about that case, then it's probably someone else's and not yours.
    but you do have to do something to clear your name.
    otherwise, it will keep on cropping up everytime you deal with nbi.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 20th, 2019 at 09:32 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Kung talaganv takot ka punta ka doon sa court na meron hit name mo kumuha ka ng clearance sa judge na hind e ikaw yun Meron kaso sa court niya.
    this is what you should do.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Wala naman problem yan. Misis ko nga may madamj kapangalang na ang kaso ay murder, may isa na homicide, may isa grave threat, actually madami pa iba. Kaya 3weeks ang nbi clearance sa kanya sa sobrang common ng name.

Naka hanap naman sya ng work.

Oh btw, meron ako classmate sa civil, meron sya hit. I think something like may hinipuan yata sya sa loob ng fx... Ayun... Nabalitaan ko na lang isa sya sa mga civil engineers na gumawa ng raffles sa makati.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Labo rin ng NBI eh. They have all the data, pero they base the hits ONLY on first name and last name. They could have included middle name and birth date. Eh pati nga biometrics meron na rin di ba? Tapos andaming hits ng common names. Hassle for the public.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mas matakot ka pag meron ka kapangalan na meron HDO.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    Labo rin ng NBI eh. They have all the data, pero they base the hits ONLY on first name and last name. They could have included middle name and birth date. Eh pati nga biometrics meron na rin di ba? Tapos andaming hits ng common names. Hassle for the public.

Wala sa budget.
    Tinatamad pa iimpliment. Hehehe.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Mas matakot ka pag meron ka kapangalan na meron HDO.

Kapangalan ko may HDO. Pero nakakalipad naman ako and nakakakuha ng visa sa mga mahihirap puntahan na lugar.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Boss ko dati may kapangalan may HDO. Everytime lalabas sya ng bansa kailangan may letter sya. Not sure kung from NBI or the court itself. Otherwise, ma hold sya sa airport. Hassle yun.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast