New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    I'm a graduating Civil Engineering student and I tried to file for an NBI clearance and this is what happened (from my previous post):

I tried to get an NBI clearance but I got a hit. I'm worried that I wont be able to file for the board exam.

This October I accidentaly hit someone with my car. The police were involved and I ended up having her sign an affidavit of desistance and having it notarized by a private lawyer. I asked reddit about it and a lawyer redditor told me that I may be summoned by the court and I should just show them the affidavit of desistance.

I wasn't summoned and there's no summon in my inbox. Is the hit because if this incident? What should I do if it is?

A state prosecutor told my girlfriend that I was dumb for worrying about as it would get thrown out of court especially since the family did not file a case against me. And I don't even have to show up when I'm summoned.

Is my future ruined now?

Edit: I forgot to mention that when I received the police report, written on it were:

Action Taken: Initially Investigated Recommendation: For prosecution Status of case: Pending

I posted this on reddit and most of them commented that I should not worry because that's just normal and it's probably because of someone having the same name as me.

Let's say the worst thing happens and I have a record.

I'm not worried about being in prison because the family assured me that they won't be filing a case. What I'm worried about is that no construction firm will hire me because of this record.

It wasn't a DUI, it was basically me being inattentive of road signs and I ran over someone's foot.

Any ideas or experiences with this situation? Thanks

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nimphus View Post
    I'm a graduating Civil Engineering student and I tried to file for an NBI clearance and this is what happened (from my previous post):

I tried to get an NBI clearance but I got a hit. I'm worried that I wont be able to file for the board exam.

This October I accidentaly hit someone with my car. The police were involved and I ended up having her sign an affidavit of desistance and having it notarized by a private lawyer. I asked reddit about it and a lawyer redditor told me that I may be summoned by the court and I should just show them the affidavit of desistance.

I wasn't summoned and there's no summon in my inbox. Is the hit because if this incident? What should I do if it is?

A state prosecutor told my girlfriend that I was dumb for worrying about as it would get thrown out of court especially since the family did not file a case against me. And I don't even have to show up when I'm summoned.

Is my future ruined now?

Edit: I forgot to mention that when I received the police report, written on it were:

Action Taken: Initially Investigated Recommendation: For prosecution Status of case: Pending

I posted this on reddit and most of them commented that I should not worry because that's just normal and it's probably because of someone having the same name as me.

Let's say the worst thing happens and I have a record.

I'm not worried about being in prison because the family assured me that they won't be filing a case. What I'm worried about is that no construction firm will hire me because of this record.

It wasn't a DUI, it was basically me being inattentive of road signs and I ran over someone's foot.

Any ideas or experiences with this situation? Thanks
    May be someone with record, who shares your name....

Don't worry too much,- cross the bridge when you get there...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Er nope! May similar name kalang na may criminal case. Only courts can convict you after a trial. Pag wala trial wala conviction.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    dont worry. pass the board bro. masaya pumasa. masakit maintaining the license 🤦*♂️

5. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    May kapangalan ka lang, Good luck sa Board Examination 🤞[emoji119]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by aNthraxx View Post
    Er nope! May similar name kalang na may criminal case. Only courts can convict you after a trial. Pag wala trial wala conviction.

But according to the police report is that I have a pending case?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Only the courts can convict you, then that will show in your NBI Clearance. Police report won't show up in NBI clearance.

I think that is the process.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Ano ba name mo TS?
    Sure ka ba na unique ang name mo?
    If it aint unique, may kapangalan ka lang.
    And you are not alone in this.

You are worrying too much instead of diverting your attention to being a licensed engineer.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Ano ba name mo TS?
    Sure ka ba na unique ang name mo?
    If it aint unique, may kapangalan ka lang.
    And you are not alone in this.

You are worrying too much instead of diverting your attention to being a licensed engineer.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    My name is a common name and my last name is a common surname from certain regions so I guess kinda common. Pero meron akong III sa name ko eh.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nimphus View Post
    My name is a common name and my last name is a common surname from certain regions so I guess kinda common. Pero meron akong III sa name ko eh.
    NBI basis are the 1st name and Surname, the rest dont matter.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast