New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    If there are any former salarymen/employees out there who have put up their own businesses, any piece of advice you can spare for an old IT guy?

Most like involving food ang iniisip ko...definitely not full service resto, more like canteen/food delivery. My greatest concern here is that the competition is very tight, and the barriers of entry are pretty much nonexistent.

If not that, probably a sari sari store that sells packaging products, detergents, etc. Whatever's being sold wholesale sa Divisoria, yung ang ibebenta ko.

i had a former officemate who made money when he bought and sold fish from the dampa to market vendors. There's something very appealing about getting up early ahead of the rest of the city, then be done with the day before lunchtime ^_^

Importing goods seem to have the most potential for profit, although the scale and networking needed are quite daunting to me.

Other than that, i'm clueless as to what other line of business to get into. Ang advise ng lola ko sa nanay ko, you need a business where people come to you, hindi ikaw yung lalapit sa tao(we're not people persons kasi, virtually no soft skills)

...my greatest fear in all this is that, after all the investment, hard work, etc., what if i earn less than what i'm making now, or worse, kung malugi? Hindi po kasi kami super rich, really can't afford to fail that many times. Lagi ko ngan sinasabi, if you have 10 million, gambling 1 million in business is nothing; if you only have 1 million, you will think twice, thrice before rolling the dice. But i realize, that's the biggest difference between having a job and having a business -- there is no guaranteed paycheck every two weeks.

Just thinking out loud. i may just be a bit paranoid about getting laid off -- the company really, really needs all the help it can get, especially at this very crucial stage, but i don't think i am being deployed properly(why? Nangagamoy pulitiko, to be honest) so i'm perceived to be "unproductive". And to be honest, i usually find myself at odds with their plans, which usually work, but are bara-bara and very short sighted(sorry i can't expound any more than that)

No bonus, pay raise for the past two years, and i don't think any more is coming my way. i take it as a subtle hint from the boss: "umalis ka na". In fact a lot of old timers have been complaining about that. i guess mas mura magpasweldo ng fresh out of college kesa beterano...even though it's the beteranos that are saving the company from making complete blunders
    Last edited by badkuk; February 20th, 2016 at 08:46 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    catering na lan muna ang pasukin mo, pwede side line, you keep your job at pag kilala na ung luto mo at meron ng regular na nag order sayo saka ka mag resign.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    ^ agree. Ok din ang catering. Kung need mo ng mga baso at plate. Miron na rerent na noon.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Our office serves free lunch to our 150 employees Mon-Fri. Cost is P85 per pax: soup, rice (unli), one meat or fish, one veggie, dessert (fruit or something processed. The caterer seems to be happy about the set-up. He is on his 3rd year now. I think he is serving no other company.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i almost went into the canteen business last year, di lang kami nagkasundo ng partner ko sa percentages.

try to look for contracts with locators at sbma, clark or the export processing zones in calabarzon. some of them pay a fixed amount monthly for their employees meals. so kung 2000 employees nila that is 2000 meals sure sales, daily, 6 days per week. problema lang they do not allow cooking and dish washing on site so you need to have a separate location for the actual kitchen. fire hazard kasi pag may kitchen, and dish washing clogs up drains.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Me, I'm a former govt. Employee, went into sales.. Nung nakaipon started our own..

How much po ba capital na meron kayo?

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    If you have a good size garage or a backyard good for 7-10 tables of 4; you can try a merienda-dinner kinda of snack bar that serves grilled burgers or hotdog/franks in a bun.. Yung mga worth 120-150 big burgers na typically 180-200++ on a known brand..

Dito samen sa batangas nag-boom yung ganung style of snack stop.. They open from 4pm-9/10pm yata..

Sa sobrang click nung ganun dito, i think we have atleast 10 grilled burger stops dito in a span of a year.. Baka nga maging burger capital na kame in the near future..

If snacks is not your forte, how bout good old silog shop.. Just invest in a winning recipe and for sure hahanap hanapin ka..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    And how much ba projected income mo?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by romeocharlie View Post
    If you have a good size garage or a backyard good for 7-10 tables of 4; you can try a merienda-dinner kinda of snack bar that serves grilled burgers or hotdog/franks in a bun.. Yung mga worth 120-150 big burgers na typically 180-200++ on a known brand..

Dito samen sa batangas nag-boom yung ganung style of snack stop.. They open from 4pm-9/10pm yata..

Sa sobrang click nung ganun dito, i think we have atleast 10 grilled burger stops dito in a span of a year.. Baka nga maging burger capital na kame in the near future..

If snacks is not your forte, how bout good old silog shop.. Just invest in a winning recipe and for sure hahanap hanapin ka..

Andami kasing gumagalang beef este baka dyan sa Batangas sir ^_^

Thanks all for your replies ^_^ Now that you mentioned it i had a tita who did put up a commisary in a factory. OK naman daw yung kita, but nung huli, parang nahirapan na sila sa mga requirements ng kumpanya(menu variations, etc) kaya tinigil.

id' rather not mention how much capital i have...nakakahiya po yung amount compared to how long i've been working. Pero for a small business yakang yaka naman, it's the return that worries me more, kung di maganda ang kita and you're stuck with it.
    Last edited by badkuk; February 20th, 2016 at 12:45 PM.

10. Join Date
    May 2015
    My suggestion, wife manage the business and you help part time. Or vice versa.

This way you are not dependent on biz' profit yet. And if break even lang, just continue, you have a job to feed you anyway.

That's what we did. Now we're into our second year. Not much profit, but better established.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast