New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The fee is only applied when withdrawing your money from an ATM other than your own bank. I'm no expert but I think that there's already some sort of bank-to-bank transfer involved.

Also, the fee would self-police people from swarming into the only bank nearby to withdraw their money. Otherwise, kawawa naman yung branch at laging ubos pera ng ATM that would've otherwise served their own depositors. Only those who have an immediate need of the cash would then have to shoulder the fee.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by antonath View Post
    Badtrip yan pag lagi offline ang atm ng banko mo. :thumbdown:

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk HD
    metrobank ba tinutukoy mo dito bro? haha

Sent from my Thrill 430x using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    pag nag withdraw ka sa metrobank using other atm card and then na debit ka, mababalik pa ba ung Php15 sayo?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    ^ bayad ka daw 15 to get the fee back. :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

Sabi na nga ba sir.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, almost all banks will raise their fees. Na-highlight lang BPI and Metrobank dito. The increase is due to interconnection fees and the increased operating expense of ATMs.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    iba iba lang dates.. yung sa UCPB.. effective Nov. 1 naman..

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hehe, the banks are finally emulating the business model of financing companies, i.e., generating more income from other areas (fee-based income, service income, etc.) rather than the traditional bread-and-butter interest income.

Well, they're a little too late as financing companies have shifted to that paradigm years ago.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by antonath View Post
    Badtrip yan pag lagi offline ang atm ng banko mo. :thumbdown:
    True. And i know of at least one bank who profits well from their ATMs because they keep the network running efficiently and fast so they get a lot of interbank transactions.

Setting up and maintaining an ATM machine can cost over Php 1M so matagal din ang bawi neto if you look at it profit-wise.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BSP issues status quo na daw regarding this. So stop muna yan interbank connection additional charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    #retzing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast