New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    This post is intended to gather information about the pros and cons in your line of work in hope of achieving a benchmark of the standard benefits offered by different industries and help tsikoters look for the right job.

To start, I work for a hitech company (semiconductor) that has a 40-hour workweek, average base pay but with wide salary range bracket, 13th month pay only, quarterly cash incentives and annual bonus equivalent to receiving 14th to 16th month pay, of course depending on performance. Basic deminimis plus unli-coffee (brewed, 3-in-1, or ground coffee beans). Free parking to managers and up. Healthcare for both self and immediate dependents. Term insurance and company funded retirement plan. Location: BGC

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dreamur; March 22nd, 2016 at 09:34 AM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Cons pala - highly metricised and everything almost measured in terms of output, deliverables and managed by both functional and administrative managers. Maybe reequired to work on holidays. Depending on which team you belong, night shift duty maybe required, high cost of food in the area, and commute for those coming from the north and south. No car plan, no car loan.

Last edited by dreamur; March 22nd, 2016 at 09:36 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pros : i make all the decisions.
    cons : hirap for sales to reach its targets. chairman of the board is a micromanager. almost everyday is spent on long meetings.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    pros : i make all the decisions.
    cons : hirap for sales to reach its targets. chairman of the board is a micromanager. almost everyday is spent on long meetings.
    Industry po?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    yung kay 1D4LV, IT industry sya.

pro: i only have one boss

cons: the wifey is the boss

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    pro: i make the correct diagnosis. impressed sila.
    con: i make the wrong diagnosis. die sila. if not immediately, after some time... months, years...

my practice is like art... money is of little importance... but only because we know it will come... like clockwork! heh heh.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    pros:
    1. work from home 1-2x a week (sometimes more if may bagyo etc)
    2. very laid back environment bec we are not profit driven (One of the biggest Non Profit Orgs in the world)
    3. If gov't suspends work for its offices, uwian na rin kami
    4. you do your work and still make a difference bec may advocacy, mejo cliche, but you are not part of the rat race para lang kumita ng pera.

cons:
    1. 13th month lang that's it, non profit nga kasi
    2. bulok ung building
    3. slow to adapt, and ageing na ung culture kahit maraming young blood
    4. minsan dahil wala masyado pressure parang hindi na e-exert or practice/dagdagan ang skills, might be hard to rejoin the profit driven industry.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Pros:
    -The pay is really fine
    -The hazard pay is great
    -Colleagues are like brothers, even closer than
    -Food and lodging are free
    -The job is easy

Cons:
    -Away from home and family
    -Very risky
    -All work and no play make one a dull boy, unless we are home