New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I 've been looking for good tips in the net how to be a good manager, but no one compares to personal experiences and suggestions that you like to recommend for a starter like me.

I'm handling only 10 people for a design consultancy firm that has been operating for 6 months now. I feel some of them are getting bored sitting 8 hours a day. I think I need to give them a some motivation, can some of you advise?

Thank you in advance.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    set goals.. give incentives.. go out of your office.. do team building..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    be an objective manager, that will motivate them. Base on my experience, it sucks when your manager is subjective even you give your best.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    You need to have a good grip of not just your job but your staff as well.

I have a manager who has no idea about what we are doing so she comes out with directives that are bordering stupid. Nobody respects her because of that.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailey View Post
    I 've been looking for good tips in the net how to be a good manager, but no one compares to personal experiences and suggestions that you like to recommend for a starter like me.

I'm handling only 10 people for a design consultancy firm that has been operating for 6 months now. I feel some of them are getting bored sitting 8 hours a day. I think I need to give them a some motivation, can some of you advise?

Thank you in advance.
    "getting bored sitting 8 hours a day"

don't they have work to do?

"give them some motivation"

don't they have work to do?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Talk with them, individually and collectively....

Then, balik ka rito...

11.3K:snow:

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    It happens that we get bored sometimes with our work. its routine and sometimes we have no choice cause its work.

as their manager you must sensitive to their needs not really financial but

listen to them. maybe to get out with a little boredom you can talk to them. for me boredom means no challenge, routine, work is not that motivating.

have activities like teambuilding and maybe give them more responsibility.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kahit bored sila sa ginagawa nila, as long as they're doing their work, that's all that matters

pero TS sounded like wala sila ginagawa

business is slow?

so kahit ano motivation gawin mo, kung wala talaga trabaho, wala sila magawa

mag net nalang buong araw

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    have a fun working environment.

i have employee's who hates their job or could get bigger pay checks on a different job but they wouldn't leave because they love the people they work with. i developed a relationship with my employee's na parang close friends kami lahat, mahilig kami mag biruan and we make fun of every thing and we love jokes. parang therapy na sa amin yung mga simple things na yon for our boring jobs. and i'm lucky that a couple of my employee's are a bunch of comedians that every one else becomes one also.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Basahin mo yung 1 minute manager.

robot.sonic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Being a good manager