New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What do you do?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Withdraw what you can and wait for their notice?

1 2.94%
  • Advise them immediately?

32 94.12%
  • Withdraw and return when notified?

1 2.94%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Checked my account before I left the Philippines last March 14 with a big bank based in Makati. I am in New Jersey right now for a client visit and some family time. Checked the same account using my ATM as it has international access cirrus and bang, my account is bloated by 1.5M pesos!!!! ****, what do I do?

Tried calling their 1800 number but their toll free number is not working anymore. I know that the bank is closed and it is the Holy Week there and this will not be attended to until Monday of next week. I will be going home by first week of April and so it will take time before I can talk to someone face to face.

If you are in my place, what will you do?

I kept all the receipt with me and the ATM that I used here is through Capitol One.
    Last edited by fireblade; March 20th, 2008 at 12:06 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Sayo pala napunta yung pera ko! Pls return it to me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    withdraw mo na yan..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    balato naman!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Just try to return it bro... Besides its not yours, for me ha, I am not being saint or something pero scary kasi if gagalawin mo yung pera. Baka if balikan ka ng bank and di mo maibalik yan, definitely alam mo na siguro yung consequence. And also, baka yung totoong may ari ng pera na yan needs that money for something very important, e.g. operation and the likes.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    you did not ask for the money and the bank did not contact you or even get the money back... so its yours na. id say get the money...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    id say let it stay muna sa account mo, tutal may pera ka naman on your own, when the bank claims it, then let it be. its not yours anyway, di mo naman pinagpaguran yan and there was a mistake or something. let it stay for a while, kung walang mag claim with in a year, eh di withdraw na. pero pakonti konti lang.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Imagine Erap, GMA, Ramos, and all those people who are in power may it be politicians, policeman, those in the government.

Corruption as they say. Everybody is doing it, why no do it.

Kaya nga ako corrupted na. See my handle.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    exactly the same thing happend to me once with PNB. my dollar account suddenly had $175K extra. at the exchange rate at that time of P25/1$ then it was P4,375,000 bonus!

i had 2 choices.

1. keep quiet, let time pass, using the passbook until it runs out of pages and then have to be replaced, and only then will i widraw from that $175k. my reasoning was if they do not say anything in 1 year, then nobody will notice it anymore.

2. inform the bank. it's not just being honest, it is also being safe. i do not think any amount is worth my freedom. remember the mellon bank case where the mellon bank in the US remitted $20M to a bank account but it was suppose to be only $20k? the couple went to jail.

i chose option 2. i told my mother to inform PNB (i was overseas at the time, too) and pnb eventually found to which account it was suppose to go to. pnb said later that i could have done option 1 and they would not notice it, since the other account also was creditted with the same amount at the same time and the account owner would not have complained. but then, it may be different in your case.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you do choose option 1, just make sure you can carry the burden in your conscience, of thinking what happened to the guy who was suppose to get the money rightfully. tama sinabi ng isa, malay mo sent yan for something important, like a life-saving operation or treatment.

come to think of it, just last december i had $20k missing that i sent. i sent it to my father's account for their emergency needs (mostly for emergency medical needs as both my parents have heart conditions). the amount was not creditted by union bank (bagal talaga ng remittance ng ubph!), longer than the 45 days they took to credit the same account when i sent $5K in 2006. it took them almost 80 days, after i had already talked several times to the remitting bank in the UK. kala ko nawala na yung pera since it was not in ubph's records. the agony of thinking the money was lost was simply heartbreaking.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Bank just credited 1.5M in my account and its not Mine!