New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Hmmm, magkapit bahay lang pala tayo.
    Kung tama ang pagkakaalala ko sa mga previous posts mo, magkatapat nga tayo hehe.

I haven't begun actively searching kasi ayoko rin naman magsayang ng effort kung di rin naman worth it yung papasukin ko.

Pansin ko though wala masyadong Management Trainee programs ang auto companies unlike FMCGs. I wonder if that's indicative of the slow climb up the corporate ladder.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Take some inspiration from this guy?

"From Regan Koa: "Hi, Top Gear Philippines. After six years of working hard as a Toyota sales agent, I finally got my first sports car. I just want to share it with all sales agents out there. Have a goal and pursue your dreams. Have a blessed Holy Week.""

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    sir jut, my POV is, there's a reason it's called "work" :D Pag sinuwerte ka, magtutugma yung hilig mo sa malaking kita...most times it's a choice between the two. But hey, that's just me .
    As the saying goes:
    "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hindi naman sa nagsa sourgrapes, but isn't an 86 around 1.5m "only" ?

Still, good for him, i've yet to buy my first car, period ;)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    As the saying goes:

Seems to me you already know what you want ;)

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Kung tama ang pagkakaalala ko sa mga previous posts mo, magkatapat nga tayo hehe.

I haven't begun actively searching kasi ayoko rin naman magsayang ng effort kung di rin naman worth it yung papasukin ko.

Pansin ko though wala masyadong Management Trainee programs ang auto companies unlike FMCGs. I wonder if that's indicative of the slow climb up the corporate ladder.

You are correct, and I'm still here.

There are two roads to choose from in auto industry employment. The distributorship, or the dealership route. Distributorship is more of like the back office of things. Your operations is mainly focused on the dealerships (nationwide) under the brand. Dealership is where the nitty-gritty stuff happens, up front client interface, flying ashtrays, gun cocked and placed in front of your desk .... that kind of stuff.

Management Trainee Programs were available in the distributorship level AFAIR. They were called "cadet engineers" in Honda. HARI had an internship program back when I was there. So did Ford Sta. Rosa. Jaguar sent me to Singapore to study the Jaguar Masters Program. Got an IMI (Institute of The Motor Industry) Fellowship courtesy of Rolls Royce/Bentley/Aston Martin, yes I've had my share of overseas stints.

Salary wise, distributorship level would be on par with the current industry levels. Dealership level, its way lower.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    As the saying goes:
    aha!

**** actor

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjax View Post

"From Regan Koa: "Hi, Top Gear Philippines. After six years of working hard as a Toyota sales agent, I finally got my first sports car. I just want to share it with all sales agents out there. Have a goal and pursue your dreams. Have a blessed Holy Week.""

"Inspirational" examples like this are dangerous. Yes, he has an 86. But how is his financial health?

Kung 5 years to pay yan, maraming pwede na rin bumili ng 86. How much of his monthly income is directed towards amortization payments? Does he already have a place of his own, or is he still living with his parents and is thus spared from housing amortization and utility bills? Does he have long-term investments or has he blown all his savings in the car? Career-wise, after 6 years, why is he still an agent?

I'm always cautious when it comes to that kasi madali mabulag sa material goods. But often, increasing your social status comes at the cost of your true financial status. I'm not hating on him - if holistically his career and finances are in good condition relative to his age, then indeed he is commendable. But in my experience maraming may kotse nga, bokya naman everywhere else.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    IMO, Ung 'follow your passion', tingin mo mas applicable siya sa US kaysa dito. Hindi rin ganon kalaki ang automotive industry dito IMO, unless you get a very specialized position. Maganda ata un trabaho nun namimili ng specs ng ibebentang unit heheh, related sa marketing, nabasa ko sa TopGear dati.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjax View Post

kung nag MLM siya wala pa 6 yrs

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Automotive Industry - is it worth shifting into?