New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    hmm..

this just got more interesting...

may ipapakilala sa akin yung tao namin na tiga CLSU who was graduate (even post graduate pa ata) na fisheries course.. then this lead... hmm....

i hope there are also great leads sa market side?

kung local ano ano ba ang choices:?
    - local palengke - sino dapat makilala para makabenta, live ba o frozen?
    - institutional - restaurants ? but di gaano ang volume but hopefully tuloy tuloy? although mas mabusisi? malamang terms pa kung magbayad? upto how much more than palengke prices can they absorb?
    - export- ? how to tap into this? trade shows?
    Actually, if you want to serve institutional accounts such as restaurants and the like, you will need volume and consistent harvests. That's the problem my boss encountered with his vegetable farm, he could not produce enough to be able to qualify for contracts with large accounts.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Local markets for produce like these are plentiful, hotels, seafood resto's, dampa-dampa style resto's, big supermarkets, etc. These establishments however prefer the produce brought to them "live" .... tastes better too.

What the hotels and resto's do not get can be brought to local wet-markets. Clientele for wet markets are not that fussy over frozen or live produce, just as long as its "the-catch-of-the-day"

Exporting is a whole different ballgame, as your produce must meet stringent standards (international) with regards to size, weight per piece, lab tests (parasites/bacteria) etc. of the country you wish to export to (country import instructions). AFAIK, when it comes to fresh produce such as these, stricto masyado ang inspections.

my 2 cents worth.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Was that the same feeling the first time you saw and ate tahong as well?
    Primo, trick question ba yan?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Hmm, raising tiger prawn used to be a big deal back in the 80's-90's, but i haven't heard about it recently. Ok pa rin ba ang kita?
    As vinj said, dapat ideal location and really good water quality. Plus all you need are contacts.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a friend is into sugpo farming ... yes, it is profitable if you know how ... as he personally manage/supervise every step all the way to harvest time, he now looks the typical fisherman ... small, dark and never-mind ... with bottomless pocket! ... needless to say, sagot nya lagi ang inuman ... ang pulutan? syempre sugpo!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Primo, trick question ba yan?
    Your guess is as good as mine. :D

Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    as he personally manage/supervise every step all the way to harvest time
    In any business, this matters big time. Time and again, a business will never fly if it's handled by remote control.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    needless to say, sagot nya lagi ang inuman ... ang pulutan? syempre sugpo!
    Inihaw na sugpo tapos ice cold SMB Pale Pilsen ..... whattalife ..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hmm, there was this article in time magazine a few years back talking about sustainable aqua farming. They were raising baramundi indoors, from hatching up to harvesting. Pero tingin ko katakut takot na investment yan.

It also presented a setup wherein fish were raised side by side with shellfish and plants. The idea is that the shellfish would eat leftover feeds, and the plants would absorb the other wastes. Bale walang pollution. But i think theoretical/proof of concept stage pa lang yun.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sa israel ginagawa nila yun tilapia nga lang. Aquaponics tawag don, yung waste ng fish papunta sa plant then plant absorve nitrates or pagbalik sa pond filtered na water.

Sent from my Lenovo P700i using Tapatalk 2

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    very profitable ang aquaculture specially the high valued species like sugpo, lapu lapu, crabs etc.. ok din ang tilapia and bangus.
    if you want to be in aquaculture business, its very important na you have to be there 24/7, ang dami nang nalugi because of pilferage etc etc
    sadly kasama ako dun. never ever run the fishpond or fish cage by a remote control. mabilis na ang marketing, you will be surprise ang daming tumatwag sayo asking how much yung fish mo.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast