New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Anyone? I am currently active trading the US stock markets. I used to trade local stocks but I gave up on it since mas ok mag trade ng US stocks.... I also trade forex... Anyone?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i do, but i'm more of a buy-and-hold person than an active trader. i don't do currency trading because of the volatility, and i don't have the time commitment.

i have substantial positions in the US market, but (no surprise) it's the part of my portfolio that's doing the worst. i would be underwater if not for AAPL, GOOG and AXP. i also have Pacific Rim and ME stuff that is doing well, thank goodness.

i am still going to invest a substantial amount of my discretionary income in stocks this year, but probably not in the US. India has some nice buying opportunities at the moment because of the recent slide, and am also looking at China.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I see good luck to you man, believe ako sa tapang mo! Buy and hold in this environment that is something else.... Anyway I own commodities like GLD (Gold ETF) and DBC (Commodities ETF). I don't have stocks right now, I did short GS (Goldman Sachs) last week pero I already covered that short.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe...we'll see if i can make money in this environment. i hope i don't lose my shirt :pope:

i do believe there is money to be made in the US. there are a lot of companies with great fundamentals that are going down because of the general market hysteria. for example, companies like HP, 3M and Dupont are still making a lot of money, and if their stock price goes down they could be an attractive target. i predicted that Delta was going to get bought before coming out of bankruptcy, and i sure wish i saw that MSFT bid for Yahoo coming...

also, those US companies that issue cash dividends seem to be getting more attractive as their price goes down....assuming of course you don't think they'll be cutting their dividend...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mate I believe the US stocks in general are cheap but not the bets place to make money. Asia is still the best place to make money as far as stocks go. That's why I am long commodities the Asian boom will fuel commodity consumption even if the US slows down. And I also hate the US Dollar as a currency I don't want my dividends to be paid in US dollars (which is losing its purchasing power and is now a negative real return inflation being higher than interest rates) I prefer foreign currencies specifically Asian currencies.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Im into US equities too. I am an active trader and i hold individual stocks on average 2 months......im 80% in cash right now....i have 15% in a bear fund and 5% on energy stocks right now.....

I just wired more money from Manila to NY this month to be able to buy positions when I deem it safe to go in again

goodluck sa atin

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    i am thinking of getting into us equities, specifically banking and financials. what do you guys think? is there still substantial downside to it. i plan to or can hold on to it for a while.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Avoid these toxic wastelands and even if you do catch a bottom banks never really did well in general compared to other sectors. I would put money in the commodities space. Mining companies, stocks of companies that don't rely on the US dollar nor rely on US consumers....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Buhayin ang thread na to!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Up!

Up! Up! - Album on Imgur

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Anyone into US stocks?  How about currency trading?