found the receipt here's the breakdown

P100 for philpost handling fee

custom duty is 7% of declared/assessed value

then E-vat

-declared/assessed value + custom duty of 7% + P15 documentary stamp x 12%

custom duty + evat= yan ang total na babayran mo sa BOC

2. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    I bought an item from Aliexpress (one of several over a span of one year). I chose shipping through registered mail because it's free. In the past, I used the private international carriers like DHL. This item, bought in August, has not arrived. I don't know if it got lost and if so where. I don't want to consider theft in our local post office because my item could have been lost somewhere. But I feel DHL and the like is still safer. But to pay a premium.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by machine.pistol View Post
    I bought an item from Aliexpress (one of several over a span of one year). I chose shipping through registered mail because it's free. In the past, I used the private international carriers like DHL. This item, bought in August, has not arrived. I don't know if it got lost and if so where. I don't want to consider theft in our local post office because my item could have been lost somewhere. But I feel DHL and the like is still safer. But to pay a premium.
    Have you check the philpost tracking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT but related...pasensya na virgin pa, never bought anything online.

how does one pay for the customs charges when buying from ebay and shipping via dhl? let's say the item is from thailand, paid using paypal.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Anyone has recent experience buying items from AliExpress? I find the prices much better than Lazada or Shoppee. It's just a question of how much do you pay local charges (local taxes, customs or handling fess, etc) as AliExpress delivery is free.

Can you share your experience?
    How much was your item and did you have to pay local post office?
    Was it delivered to your address or did you have to pick it up from post office?

Would appreciate your guidance before I make my first purchase with AliExpress.

Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    There is a 112.00 pesos handling fee ... usually no tax if value is low ... you just have to wait longer for delivery ... sometimes 30 days or more ... if package is small, the postman will probably deliver it depending on your area ...

It's better to leave some cash to whoever is at home ... in case the postman delivers the package ... otherwise, you'll have to go get it at the post office ...

Ordered two items separately ... first one was delivered after about 30 days ... the second item only 10 days ... both less than US$10, free shipping ... when first item arrived, was not able to leave payment so the postman left the receipt for the item to be claimed at post office ... the second one, made sure the people at home had 112.00 payment ...

Requested the postman to re-deliver the first package and he obliged ... but after 10 days of waiting decided to go get it at post office ... turns out the package was set to be delivered already so could've saved time by waiting ...
    Last edited by Walter; July 6th, 2017 at 11:31 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Items below 10k from the same merchant are tax-free
    Same as Lazada, item dispatch could be hit or miss depending on the merchant (delays)
    Php112 for every package
    You pick it up in the post office, they do not deliver

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    They delivered mine ... twice ...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    ordered a few items na rin from AliEx and other sellers abroad, they did not deliver every single time. must've been Makati CPO is incompetent

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Bach View Post
    Anybody here tried to buy/ship from this site for car accessories, parts, etc? - AliExpress.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles from China.

* Is it safe?
    * Pag pasok sa pinas nung order mo, magbabayad ka pa ba sa customs?
    * Gaano usually katagal hinihintay bago dumating yung order?

Kindly share your experiences
    Safe but you should always look at seller rating.
    Customs duty are only for items worth more than Php10,000. Below that, you have to pay Php112 sa post office (kung china mail ang shipping).
    Small items lang naoorder ko at dumadating siya two weeks maximum.

From facebook:

Sample Basic Computation on Imported Items (Apparels) - TAKE NOTE MAG-IIBA CUSTOMS DUTY RATE PAG SPARE PARTS NA

Dutiable Value(L.C.) :P 33,900.00
    X Rate of Duty : .15%
    = Customs Duty : 5,085.00

Dutiable Value : 33,900.00
    + Customs Duty : 5,085.00
    + CDS : 265.00
    + IPF : 250.00
    = Evat Base : 39,500.00
    X Evat Rate : .12%
    = Evat : 4,740

Summary:
    Customs Duty :P5,085.00