New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    my relatives and i have pooled our money together and came up with 4M. What kind of business do you think we should look into. thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Seaoil + carwash + burger machine

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    franchise 2 200-500K brand names
    and 1 1M+ brand name

remaining pang-operation

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    thanks for your suggestions. have you heard of PruLife UK? a friend of my cousin is trying to convince us to invest our money there. i think its a insurance firm where your money will be invested in mutual funds stocks, etc. according to her the return of investment in a year will go as high as 30 to 40%.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    OT: ok ba kung i-invest sa condo unit? pre-selling.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by club25 View Post
    thanks for your suggestions. have you heard of PruLife UK? a friend of my cousin is trying to convince us to invest our money there. i think its a insurance firm where your money will be invested in mutual funds stocks, etc. according to her the return of investment in a year will go as high as 30 to 40%.
    30 to 40 percent is a very handsome numbers and its also UNREALISTICS for that kind of return. You must do your home work before vesting that money into that insurance firm. If this kind of vesment is true this is what they called an " Aggresive' or "High risk" and you loss all your money in the blink of an eye or perhaps double your money IF YOU GOT LUCKY.

I have also an invesment on the stocks and mutual fund and its a guaranteed return. Its not a good one but safe knowing that my money is always there whenever I need it.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    1) how many people are actually in the pool?

2) does everyone have equal share?

I am asking these because if you are to put up a business, you'll have to think up how much each will get in return.

3) If you do put up a business, does everyone plan on investing their time as well into the business, or are they passive investors that just want a return on their money without time spent?

Stocks and mutual funds are NEVER guaranteed. Read the prospectus, and the Investor Relations page of the company you're buying into. Basically, risk and reward go hand in hand. 30% to 40% is on a good day or good year. What if it's a bad year? How good is the manager to protect against loss, or at least, minimize loss (lower than market)?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If it's too good to be true, then it must be.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    don't take this the wrong way, but hopefully you are not staking the whole 4M on the advice of a bunch of strangers on a message board discussion forums like this one help to get ideas, of course, but vet any serious plans with an expert in the field that you can trust.

with that disclaimer, i think real estate in the Phils is very strong. if 4M was my life savings and not "play money" i would shy away from high risk/high reward investments like individual securities, hedge funds, etc.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Buy and sell ka ng lupain habang tumatagal naman yang lalong gumaganda ang presyo.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
4M were to invest