New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    A friend sent me this link, kaso kagabi lang pinadala: http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=520206
    If only for this...
    The industry-wide participation includes Asian Carmakers Corporation, CATS Motors, Inc., Columbian Autocar Corporation, Covenant Car Company, Ford Group Philippines, Honda Cars Philippines, Hyundai Asia Resources,Inc., Isuzu Philippines Corporation, Lexus Manila, Inc., Mitsubishi Motors Philippines Corporation, Motor Image Pilipinas, Inc., PGA Cars, Inc., Toyota Motor Philippines, [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Universal[/color][/color] Motors Corporation and Viking Cars, Inc.

People’s Choice Automobiles for 2009-2010

Expected to have choice spots on their individual display areas are the different winners in the recently concluded public polls for the most preferred automobile models and for the most popular automobile – the 2009 Auto Focus People’s Choice Awards.

Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc. (HARI) is expected to have on center stage the Starex, the 2009-2010 Auto Focus Automobile of the Year – People’s Choice. This will definitely be joined by the Genesis [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Coupe[/color][/color], Sports Car of the Year, the Tucson, Compact [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]SUV[/color][/color] of the Year plus runner-ups like the sub-compact Hyundai i10 and the mid-size SUV Santa Fe.

...Motor-Image Pilipinas will have its 2009-2010 Sports Car of the Year Runner-up Subaru Impreza WRX STi for the sporty crowd to ogle at together with its newly-launched Legacy line.
    ... I'll try and go this pm.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Pumunta ako friday and saturday (Nov. 6 & 7). Pansin ko lang parang "nilangaw" ang auto-show (ng autofocus) ngayon compared last year. I just dont know kung madami pumunta sa last day. tsk tsk tsk.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KERSMcRae View Post
    Pumunta ako friday and saturday (Nov. 6 & 7). Pansin ko lang parang "nilangaw" ang auto-show (ng autofocus) ngayon compared last year. I just dont know kung madami pumunta sa last day. tsk tsk tsk.
    Was there Sun late afternoon. Konti lang tao so I thought either marami nang nakapunta hence the crowd was thinning out or people had already bought their new cars so those that haven't or the curious onlookers like me were the only ones drawn to this event.

Kia had some interesting offerings like the Forte but one of the reps told me na wala pa raw ang final pricing nito coz they're still doing market studies. I wonder if they'll get greedy again and try to price this close to the top-end Civic or Lancer.

Btw, that press release claim - "The Year's Biggest Auto Show" - let's just say, you can't always believe what you read, even if it comes out in the newpapers. Wala man lang magagandang car show girls, except for 2 bored looking mini-skirted chicks at the Toyota display.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009

The Year's Biggest Auto Show