1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    tatayo na ba sila ng sariling website? it's about time imho

magkano pala SRP ng Carens?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    ferdine,

baka naman hindi VGT yung turbo dito kaya ganun.
    that type of turbo does wonders in horsepower count. laki ng disparity sa regular turbocharging.
    *basti08, Puede pala max horsepower hindi magkatugma pero max torque identical? Pasensya ka na ha, mahina kasi ako sa mga ganito. Gusto ko lang ma enlightened.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I wonder why no Optima/Magentis (with uprated Hyundai Coupe's 185hp 2.7L V6)? Or does it go under a different name? It'd be the equivalent of a 4-door Coupe.

2007 Kia Optima
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 27th, 2006 at 10:33 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    The new Rio is really nice externally but the inside still needs some work! The bumpers with a touch of unpainted black exudes such a Euro feel! The dashboard design and knobs looks like it came off Orocan's factory. The dark pattern on the seating materials does not match the rest of the beige interior.

The Sportage has a much nicer interior than the Tucson. Although you can see some cost cutting measures such as the vinyl upholstered door panels and vinyl bolstered seating. The only remaining bit of fabric left on the seats is quite reminiscent of a bamboo-like texture to it. The bumpers are now painted although not body color but gray, I wonder why? The body color claddings are a nice touch that the Japanese might think of adding to their CRV and Rav4.

Kia Sedona vs. Toyota Previa

>Styling and Design

The Sedona cannot match the cutting edge exterior styling and design of the new Previa. Whereas the new Previa looked as if its design were inspired by the bullet trains in Japan, the Sedona looked somewhat like a cross between a Renault front end slapped to the body of an American mini-van like a Ford Windstar (the previous gen Sedona is also Windstar inspired). While, the Previa may look like a prom queen now, all that beauty might put it at a disadvantage (more on that later).

> Pricing

The Sedona is much more affordable with a price tag of (Php 1.5M vs. Previa's Php 2.027M) and with features that may catch the incumbent off guard.

>Interior and seating space

The Sedona has a second row bench that is actually very comfortable which could actually seat one more passenger than the Previa's dual captain seats. The Sedona has front ceiling mounted aircon vents also while the Previa, I think, has none except for side air vents? Seating inside the Previa exudes an aura of claustaphobia due to the cocoon like styling and dimension while the Sedona gives off an airy feeling due to its more accomodating width. Much like the Previa, the Sedona has a dash mounted transmission but a dash layout that seem much more extroverted than the Previa's minimalist inspired. The Previa has a very clean dash layout almost devoid of any buttons. On the other hand, the Sedona makes do with an array of buttons to control the aircon and other functions. The aircon knobs on the Sedona look like they are from the Tucson's parts bin.

I think I mentioned in my earlier posts that the Previa had floor-folding third row seats, well, I looked at the pictures that I took of it before and it does NOT fold to the floor at all so that means the Sedona might have an edge after-all as its third-row seats fold flat to the floor giving much versatile cargo space when needed. Which makes me wonder, where did Kia put the Sedona's spare? Or it has none at all but rather rides on run flats?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    the Optima's cool. too bad its not in the show, C/D said its got a good ride and handling combo.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hanggang kelan po ba tong show na to? gusto kasi makit ng erpats ko ung sedona ehh!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Sedona's Power Rating:

All of Kia's literature is quoted in metric horsepower, or PS, which is approximately 98.6% of BHP, or regular horsepower, so I converted from there and averaged out.

Sedona 160ps - 158hp
    Carens 112 ps - 110hp
    Rio 94 ps - 93 hp

The Sedona is, AFAIK, CRDi, but they did not specify if it was VGT. The Carens is VGT. Bear in mind, however, that European Diesels are more powerful and are tuned for their better diesel quality.

The local Sedona has ABS and a driver's side airbag, but in a van this large, I don't think you'll need much more than just that single airbag. (good separation of front passenger seat from dash). Superior cargo space and the third row folding is clever and really flat. But I had a hard time realigning the locking latches when I put it back up... chalk it up to my inexperience. Spare tire is underneath the vehicle.

The Carens only has a driver airbag. No ABS. It has 4 wheel disc brakes, though, and driving dynamic should be good. But specs aren't final yet... I'm waiting for this eagerly... pricing supposedly under 1 million. No final word. I'm guessing 950k, considering it looks like it would be worth 850k as a gas car. Spare tire is under the car, to save space, but there are provisions (tie downs and covers) to place it inside the cargo space when you fold the third row seats.

The Rio sedan is the one coming in at 530 (approx), power everything, but no ABS/SRS. But consider that this is around the same price as the previous Rio, and it looks good. Elbow and legroom comparable to City, though headroom is just average. This would be a swell college car.

*carlocaraddict: so the Opirus market is, what? The twelve people who haven't bought a Sonata... wahahaha... But you never know... the Stavic actually sells one or two units every now and then...
    Last edited by niky; August 27th, 2006 at 01:22 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    The Kia Sedona got a GOOD (the highest mark) rating for both front collision and side impact tests from the IIHS in the US.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As an aside: note that the Rio's closest competition, also without airbags, are sitting at 600k in price (Vios 1.3 and City 1.3).

I had my doubts about their sticking with just one engine, but the 1.4 was a good call for Kia. I'm impressed with it.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oh... more pics of the Carens and a review (from http://www.autoexpress.co.uk )... it's apparently much better than the old one:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/mo...ia_carens.html

Kawaii! Note roof rails.

What you don't see is the cupholders under the covers in the third row.

Only thing missing is a tumble forward second row, but it's perfect, otherwise.

- I have dashboard pics, but they're not this clear. We won't be getting the nice radio or steering wheel controls, but the display unit still had the gated shifter with the +/- options, common to most of the models we saw/drove there.

Halata bang obsessed?
    Last edited by niky; August 27th, 2006 at 03:24 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
kia carshow * the fort