New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    ano ba itong cadenza na to? ka level din ng Sonata?
    The FWD Cadenza (aka K7) is a replacement of the Opirus/Amanti, more or less this puts it in the same class as the Hyundai Azera, at least in other markets.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    http://www.gmanews.tv/story/198967/c...vorite-pastime

Car lover Noynoy ‘deprived’ of favorite pastime

Lamenting that he is “clearly deprived" of one of his pastimes, self-confessed car lover President Benigno “Noynoy" Aquino III nevertheless said his presidential duties will have to take precedence over his passion for driving fast cars.

Speaking at the 3rd Philippine International Motor Show, Aquino admitted, however, being able to drive on a few occasions amid his tight schedule.

“I must confess: driving peacefully on a smooth, empty highway is one of my favorite luxuries. I did manage to get behind the wheel a few times despite my hectic schedule, much to the horror of my security people," Aquino said.

“Nowadays, I am clearly deprived, and I know my passion for driving fast cars will have to take a backseat for now," he added.

This made him appreciate being invited by the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines Inc. (CAMPI) to the motor show, Aquino said, describing the show more as a “fun" event than as part of his official duties.

“This is my idea of fun, and this is less a duty than it is a time to unwind and share good times," he said.

Aquino was impressed with the array of more than a hundred vehicles from 20 brands on display at the motor show, which included hybrid, electric, and sports cars.

“Nakaka-impress naman talaga (This is really impressive.). In fact, nostalgia. There is Lancer, [I think it’s an ‘80s model], that was driven in the Great Lake … rally in Finland, if I am not mistaken. So parang bumata kami (by) 10 years (So it felt like we became younger by 10 years)," he said.

The President spent some time ogling and fiddling with some of the cars on display, including a red electric vehicle, a yellow two-door Mercedes Benz and a white Nissan Patrol that he tried twice.

He likewise took a picture of his chief photographer Jay Morales, whom he asked to try out the fiberglass seat of a blue hybrid car.

Aquino disclosed the last time he drove a car for leisure was last week, but added the experience was “bitin na bitin (too short)."

The 50-year-old President revealed that he is adept at using both modes of transmission, saying he goes on automatic when driving in Metro Manila because of the heavy traffic, and shifts to manual on an open road.

Aquino also recalled playing with bump cars when he was young, but said the “soap box derby" type was more common back then.

“Yung hinuhulog sa hill (The ones you shove from a hill)," he said.

Aquino owns a white BMW sports utility vehicle and a Toyota Land Cruiser that he used during his campaign.

Known to be meticulous in the maintenance of his cars, Aquino would sometimes even drive his aides back to their hotel after campaign sorties.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Wasn't the new Chevy Spark also launched at the 3rd PIMS?
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know the price and available engine(s)?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Nandun yung kulay green na 2010 Spark na 1.2 Liter M/T variant..600K Pesos daw yan with Dual Airbags and ABS sya.. Pero mas pinapansin sa Chevy booth yung Camaro SS na nasa 4.3 Million Pesos.

Cadenza?Nasa 2 Million Pesos lang yan..Same engine ng lumang Sorento (3.5 V6) pero for sure flop yan tulad ng Azera.

ix Metro?Yan yata yung i800 pero mayroon nang mga test mules sa India(yung pre-production version).

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posted by eggman - ix Metro?Yan yata yung i800 pero mayroon nang mga test mules sa India(yung pre-production version).

i800
    yung European Version ng Grand Starex diba?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post

i800
    yung European Version ng Grand Starex diba?
    Oo pero iba yan..

Nandyan ako sa WTC Pasay kahapon at naabutan ko yung launch ng Nissan Teana 250XV.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Pero pwede ba yung may model na pareho ng pangalan?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Oo pero iba yan..

Nandyan ako sa WTC Pasay kahapon at naabutan ko yung launch ng Nissan Teana 250XV.
    eggman, Alam ko medyo knowledgeable ka sa Nissan... May balita ka ba kung yung Navara magkakaroon ng facelift kasi sa Europe meron na?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Hindi. Ka-level ng Genesis Sedan. So presyong mayaman yan

Unang basa ko cadena e.

Hmm .. mukhang maganda a. Magkano kaya yan ? makabili nga. :hysterical:

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Unang basa ko cadena e.

Hmm .. mukhang maganda a. Magkano kaya yan ? makabili nga. :hysterical:
    2 Million Pesos daw..Then again sana yung Sportage nalang na kay Felix Mabilog(CEO at President ng CAC-Kia Philippines at onwer ng Kia Pasig) ang nandyan imbes na yan..

Ang Chinese car brands lang dyan sa show ay Chana and DFM-Yuan(yung Chinese mini vans na based sa Suzuki ang technology).

About sa updated version ng Navara?Sabi nila later this year daw kasabay ng Caliber 4X2 Edition.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
CAMPI Philippine International Motor Show