New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    for restorers out there what would you say the objective is? to restore a car and turn into a trailer queen? or restore a car to turn it into a sunday driver?

barring all things such as rarity and all, and all things being equal where would you go?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    vroom vroom..

Cars were built to be driven. Being locked up in an airtight, sealed garage, for a car, is like not being able to fulfill your destiny.

Of course, others will have their own view :D

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i must agree since that was what they were built for in the first place. moving not static sculpture if one even ventures to call them art.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    restore to go...

that's why I love Jay Leno's car collection... he drives them all in public roads (even his crazy steam powered car).

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd go for the japanese early compacts.

spinters, starlets, I-type 2 door lancers

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Restore to go! Modernized pa! If I wanted an investment, I'd buy Khaos shares, not a car... (Car forum ito mga tsong, ignore the financial advice... )

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Restore to drive siyempre. That's why all our restorations are not exactly faithful to the original. Have to take reliability and driveability into consideration. Generators sometimes get swapped for alternators, modern seatbelts, a/c, etc.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

[B]Restore to ride? Restore to show?[/B] where would you go?