New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Thoughts on the new cars launched in PIMS:

1. BR-V - looks decent in person. Not wow, but not quirky like the Ecosport or Juke. Thankfully the interior looks acceptable, unlike the ugly interior of the Mobilio. It's a very narrow car so 3 in the 2nd row isn't comfy. 3rd row is strictly for emergency use only - it's a pity for anyone who'll have to sit there for over an hour.

2. Dmax - I like the new 18" rims and more aggressive styling. The 18s should also be carried over to the MUX.

3. VW CC - great car for 2.8M. Has more character than a Lexus ES, has more space than a Lexus IS. Instead of going for a Passat, go for this instead if you want a premium VW sedan.

4. CX3 - looks good, but certainly doesn't feel like a CUV. Driving position is low, ride height is low. Legroom is acceptable (not good), but shoulder room is awful. Fitting 3 in the back is a squeeze, as bad as the Mazda 2. The Mazda 3 is more spacious overall, and is a more sensible car since the CX3 only offers a few mm of extra ground clearance in exchange for a higher price and less space.

5. Ciaz - I was pleasantly surprised at how good the car's interior was. Design and build quality is good, and very spacious too. The high seating position of the rear seats makes rear passengers feel like they're riding a much bigger car. It's a really good competitor to the Vios and City, if only people can get over the brand stigma.

6. Civic RS - it's nice in the sense that it's new, but I don't think it'll be a classic. Turbo is punchy and it's quite fun to drive even with a CVT, but it's not good enough to make you forget its 1.4M sticker price. The 1.8E is still the better buy.

Aside from the cars, I also got intrigued by Sunbloc tints. They offer ceramic tint for only 12k, with varying shades from 5% VLT to 70% VLT. The good thing about ceramic tint is that it doesn't interfere with GPS signal, which is a big problem for me with my VK70 tint since it's metallic.

The only feedback I have with Sunbloc is for its low-budget tint, which have overwhelmingly negative reviews. They offer 5 year warranty for their high-end Ultimate Ceramic tint. I'm not satisfied with Vkool's OEM tint and free tints from the dealership aren't much good either, so I might give this a try.

If anyone has tried it with their cars, let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hows the brv's legroom sa driver seat?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    hows the brv's legroom sa driver seat?
    They didn't allow people in the BRV. It was on a rotating pedestal with its doors opened. I think it was deliberate since the BRV doesn't have much space. 2016 Philippine Int'l Motor Show

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The ciaz need the 1.2T and cvt...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    They didn't allow people in the BRV. It was on a rotating pedestal with its doors opened. I think it was deliberate since the BRV doesn't have much space. 2016 Philippine Int'l Motor Show

Haha sabi ko senyo mag-aksaya lang kayo ng P100 if your purpose is the BRV

In 2 weeks lang dami na mall display nyan

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Haha sabi ko senyo mag-aksaya lang kayo ng P100 if your purpose is the BRV

In 2 weeks lang dami na mall display nyan

6. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Men go to these for the cars and women and discounts. 100 pesos goes a long way for buyers and non buyers alike.
    nice. saan po ito?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    *jut
    Any thoughts on the 2017 Mazda 3? Did you see the VW Caddy Maxi? How's the interior?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    *jut
    Any thoughts on the 2017 Mazda 3? Did you see the VW Caddy Maxi? How's the interior?
    Didn't check out the Mazda 3 and Caddy Maxi. The Mazda 3 is still largely the same as the old one, which means the 2.0 is very good and the 1.5 is so-so.

I didn't go inside the Caddy Maxi anymore because it looks funny from outside and I wouldn't consider it even if I needed a people carrier, especially as it's Golf-based, unlike the more durable IMV Innova.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Ako ni hindi na sumagi sa isip ko yun VW

10. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    for me, di sulit 100 na entrance sa kakaunting makikita sa PIMS. i thought it'll be better than last years MIAS but nope.. hehe para sakin lang naman.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast