New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    True to some extent, you can blame it on the organizers using models to lure in more visitors. Came across two guys counting which of them got more numbers from the models. It doesn't irk me, but I found them hilarious. Anyway, best to ignore these things and just be content with what he have here. I can't say if there's a better show than MIAS locally since its the only one I go to.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Because I've. Been a regular to these shows, and every year there are more models than cars. Babae na Lang business yata dito eh, when you go to Twitter to look for news about the show, you see tweets of car show models with their social media-INg pa-cute pa-cute .. Nakakasuka to read these young girls trying to develop their self-esteems with us as witness to that

I've been to car shows in Canada and Las Vegas. These are well prepared shows to entertain the public. Dito sa Philippines, with all the progress we have been making, I don't know or maybe is it me, pero these shows are beginning to lose their true focus, in fact deteriorating
    I agree 100%. We used to go to car shows as a family back in the 90s when I was in grade school. I really enjoyed it. I do not remember any models in skimpy clothes. It was all about the cars. It's not a wholesome event anymore. Parang FHM na e.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Nawalan din ako gana puntahan.

Not worth it yung traffic and parking wars to go to the event.

how come not all brands are present?

Then call it "Manila International Auto Show"

cant we do better than that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Thank you mam. In Phil. star the cover page is about MIAS with display of locally custom and modded cars. This is true because the other bldgs, of World trade contain most of these cars.

I figure if the organizers want to call it an international show as in the word MIAS, then at least be consistent with what the public is going to expect. 3rd party aftermarket car products are in the other bldgs. Stuff that you will see everyday in Banawe.

When you term it International, invite foreign retailers for an exhibit in the show, just like the previous Worldbex wherein so many Asian business exhibited their products there. In this show, dinadaan sa mga models in skimpy outfit. Battery lang ng car, mas seksi pa Kaysa sa main show bldg. kulang na Lang mag bar show dun, there's a time and place for everything. This is suppose to be a family oriented event too coz it's the weekend,

So sickening too see what you will expect later in the day at home in social media, young guys posing with young girl models in skimpy outfit. If this is where we are heading in terms of shows and exhibits, then we may as well stop going na lang

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    True to some extent, you can blame it on the organizers using models to lure in more visitors. Came across two guys counting which of them got more numbers from the models. It doesn't irk me, but I found them hilarious. Anyway, best to ignore these things and just be content with what he have here. I can't say if there's a better show than MIAS locally since its the only one I go to.
    Try to watch full length international car shows in Youtube bro, makikita mo talaga difference at ma-inspire ka. Watch in in your bigger TV screen though, para mas ok ... The smaller sized smartphone and laptops don't do justice.

For me, it's better than going to these shows we have here in The Philippines. sayang lagi sinasabi emerging market tayo, our gdp is growing, one of the world's fastest growing economies, And then we'll have mediocre shows like this

6. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Its true that a few of the models were in skimpy outfits. However, most of them are in very decent attire but projecting their natural appeal.

If you got it. . .flaunt it. . .

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post
    Its true that a few of the models were in skimpy outfits. However, most of them are in very decent attire but projecting their natural appeal.

If you got it. . .flaunt it. . .
    There is a right time in place. Go to a beach to flaunt your body. This is supposed to be an event that focuses on cars.

It seems like these car shows are attracting a different crowd. I can name at least 3 collegues that have no interest in cars but only go to the show to watch models. I have witnessed how different it was from car shows in the past and I decided to stop going to car shows a long time ago. The feedback here tells me I made the right decision not to waste my time.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

i go to these shows because they save me a lot of time.. the alternative kasi, is to go casa-hopping..
    and i sometimes get confused, on whether i should ogle at the car, or at the model.

...the things i do just so i can sit for a few minutes inside them cars..

9. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Di nga siya well organized and missing alot of other popular brands. Didnt like the fact that you cant open/look inside some cars like the Everest and Chevy Trax. I went because of the free tickets and may inasikaso din business related sa may MOA office.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    There is a right time in place. Go to a beach to flaunt your body. This is supposed to be an event that focuses on cars.

It seems like these car shows are attracting a different crowd. I can name at least 3 collegues that have no interest in cars but only go to the show to watch models. I have witnessed how different it was from car shows in the past and I decided to stop going to car shows a long time ago. The feedback here tells me I made the right decision not to waste my time.
    Hmmm. . .I think your colleagues got lost and went to the other side of Pasay. . .joke lang po

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast