New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Black Widow Alarm
    Nissan Serena 2002 QRV.R Ltd.

Diba its normal if you unlock the doors and dont open any, they will automatically lock after about 30 seconds? This is no problem. But when I unlock the doors and dont open any except for the tailgate (pinaka-likod), the alarm will re-arm, but the doors wont lock.

1. If i dont open anything, the alarm will re-arm and the doors will lock.
    2. When the alarm re-arms and the doors dont lock, the alarm is really armed. When i open a door, the alarm will sound, or when i close the tailgate, the alarm will sound.
    3. The sensor works fine. The door-open light illuminates on the dash.
    4. The sensor is connected to the alarm. The alarm's LED lights up when a door is open, and it does light up when the tailgate is open. When the alarm is armed and all the doors are locked and i use the key to open the tailgate, the alarm sounds once the taigate is opened.
    5. When i unlock the doors and open any or the 4 doors (except for tailgate), the alarm wont re-arm anymore.

What's wrong? Why does the alarm re-arm even if the tailgate is opened na?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on the setting on your alarm. What model is it? On our old Galant, the alarm arms passively (automatically) but the doors don't lock. Why? Because the former owner had a tendency to leave the key inside. What the alarm does is to provide at least some protection (e.g. ignition kill, shock sensors ready) without actually locking the vehicle.

As for why it's isolated to the tailgate, I'd have to guess on that one. It could be that the Serena tailgate sensor is not in conjuction with the other door sensors (e.g. like on the Kia Picanto where we had to 'unite' the tailgate sensor with the door sensors to get consistent alarm response because the tailgate sensor was originally wired independently of the other door sensors). The alarm is probably set to passive arm/passive lock on all side doors but on the tailgate it is still set only to passive arm.

Check your alarm manual on how to activate passive locking with passive arming.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Depends on the setting on your alarm. What model is it? On our old Galant, the alarm arms passively (automatically) but the doors don't lock. Why? Because the former owner had a tendency to leave the key inside. What the alarm does is to provide at least some protection (e.g. ignition kill, shock sensors ready) without actually locking the vehicle.

As for why it's isolated to the tailgate, I'd have to guess on that one. It could be that the Serena tailgate sensor is not in conjuction with the other door sensors (e.g. like on the Kia Picanto where we had to 'unite' the tailgate sensor with the door sensors to get consistent alarm response because the tailgate sensor was originally wired independently of the other door sensors). The alarm is probably set to passive arm/passive lock on all side doors but on the tailgate it is still set only to passive arm.

Check your alarm manual on how to activate passive locking with passive arming.
    Nope the passive arming is not activated. If all the doors are closed, the alarm would never arm unless you press arm button.

I thought also that maybe the alarm system thinks the tailgate is a trunk of a car, thus it would re-arm? I'm not sure of this though.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's possible that the alarm is not reading the tailgate at all, hence it is re-arming? Just thinking out loud. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    It's possible that the alarm is not reading the tailgate at all, hence it is re-arming? Just thinking out loud. hehehe.

I dont think so. Because when the alarm is armed and i open the tailgate using the key, once i open it, the alarm will sound. But thanks for thinking out loud. hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Otep is right. The correct answer is dependent of the model and brand of the alarm :-)

With Autopage 420. The alarm will re-arm (passive arming) after 30 seconds and will lock the doors after 60 seconds after you turn off the engine(regardless kung bukas o sara ang pinto). If you disrupt the countdown during the 30 seconds countdown, the alarm will not re-arm and will not lock the doors.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may spike sensor din ang mga alarm. spike meaning changes in load sa electricals. thus when you open the trunk or back door which is not directly connected to the door sensors it also triggers the alarm. try to pull out the positive terminal of your HU while the alarm is armed, mag aalarm yan. what you can do is connect the sensor of your trunk/tailgate to any of the four doors para kasma siya siya sa arming. I did this to my Patrol. My mannix alarm arms in 30 second after you turn the engine off open the door and closed it.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    it's also possible baka nag-loloko na mismo ang internal circuit ng alarm. you may ask the person who installed it in your vehicle for your replacement.

Whats wrong with my alarm?