New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    mga masters I need your help.

been lurking on this forum for a while and i've learned a lot from your collective wisdom to the point that akala ng mekaniko marami ako alam sa kotse.

that aside, merom po kasi kami used car na binili (auctioned by a bank) that used to have an alarm (i think). the key came with a remote. meron din po blue LED sa dash na nag bi blink pag naka sara na kotse. wala po sya siren (yun ba tawag don? o speaker?). I looked under the dash, meron din po siya parang push button switch na dangling.

the keyless entry is not working dahil sira po yung driver door actuator (parang gun-type). Central locking is ok.

questions ko po:
    1. ano po ang functions ng keys na nasa remote, (link to picture below).
    2. paano po ba i-off ang alarm na silent naman, lagi lang nagbiblink at kumakain lang ng batt power. baka po kasi ma disconnect ko rin ang central locking e.
    3. meron po ba mabibili na speaker lang at yung actuator?

pasensya na po for being long-winded. your help will mean a lot. salamat po.

pic of remote:
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...r/23022009.jpg

pic of actuator:
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...orActuator.jpg

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    1. Most probably, the red one is either the MUTE or PANIC button. The other 2 are the LOCK and the UNLOCK button. Check mo na lang which is which.

2. Yung valet switch na nakita mo (push button switch na dangling under the dash), toggle mo lang yun to OFF position, to disable the alarm. But I wouldn't worry about it consuming power, since LED light lang naman yun. Very, very minimal ang drain nito sa battery.

3. Yes, may nabibili na separate actuator sa auto accessories store. Less than 250 petot isa. Don't know about the siren though, kung puwede separate. Usually kasi, naka-package yun sa alarm.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Thank you for the reply sir. Can you point me to a store na nagbebenta ng actuator?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That looks like a POLICE brand vehicle security system. The same one I had installed in the Picanto. The car is not here righint not. But I think the buttons are labelled like this:

As for the actuators, I'd rather buy a box of 4 at around Php500.00 than buy them per piece.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    That looks like a POLICE brand vehicle security system. The same one I had installed in the Picanto. The car is not here righint not. But I think the buttons are labelled like this:

As for the actuators, I'd rather buy a box of 4 at around Php500.00 than buy them per piece.
    Sir, thanks for your reply.

Seems i missed po yung labels (might be my browser ). Labels would help a lot.

Saan po kayang store mabibili yung mga actuators? I asked around our area, noone carries them.

Appreciate your help.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Based on this picture, your alarm's buttons are:

Top Left: Lock / with alarm armed

Top right: unlock / unarm alarm

Bottom Left: Lock / alarm unarmed

Bottom Right: panic button
    Last edited by ghosthunter; February 24th, 2009 at 09:24 AM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Thank you sir ghosthunter. That's clears it up a lot.

Doc Otep, your're right. POLICE nga po. Took down the dash cover under the steering wheel and found the control unit. Would it be possible for you to post or pm the wiring diagram? that would be a mega favor para po sana mapagana ko ulit. I would need to get a siren and actuators, though, as you suggested. Thanks po.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have no problem with that. As long as the vehicle will be in Caloocan tonight. I'll photograph the manual for you.

It's not a very expensive alarm (Php2,100 including 5 actuators and install already) pero maganda mga features niya.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    I have no problem with that. As long as the vehicle will be in Caloocan tonight. I'll photograph the manual for you.

It's not a very expensive alarm (Php2,100 including 5 actuators and install already) pero maganda mga features niya.
    That would be too cool, sir. Thanks.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorry for the crappy pics:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
what do these remote buttons do?