New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    just read this from a forwarded message sa email entitled "things you never knew your nokia cellphone could do". the statement below made me think...possible ba talaga? has anybody tried this!?:innocent:
    incidentally this is my first post

II*
    * Subject: Have you locked your keys in the car? Does you car have remote keys?*

This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone:
    If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call
    someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone.

Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person
    at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on
    their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your
    keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away,
    and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you
    can unlock the doors (or the trunk).

Editor's Note: *It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!"*

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    according to other people in this forum, it doesn't work.

haven't tried it personally though, but I figured that the signal carried by the remote won't be able to piggyback through the signal transmitted by a cellphone.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dehadista View Post
    according to other people in this forum, it doesn't work.

haven't tried it personally though, but I figured that the signal carried by the remote won't be able to piggyback through the signal transmitted by a cellphone.

Hmmm, my friends and I tried it when we were in Tagaytay 2weeks ago, and it worked with their cars. It didn't work right away though, you'd have to work with positioning the phone at the right spot for the alarm to pick up the signal.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zman View Post
    Hmmm, my friends and I tried it when we were in Tagaytay 2weeks ago, and it worked with their cars. It didn't work right away though, you'd have to work with positioning the phone at the right spot for the alarm to pick up the signal.
    Really? So how do you "position" the phone?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    wow ok po a, pwede po pala yan! i heard it before pero then i believe myth lang sya imo, pano po ba ang positioning ng phone to the car para ma-receive nya yung signal nung keyless remote?

if possible naman po bka meron pong pic or video demos para mas maintindihan po. thanks po

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    This is the item in that thread which I am most interested.

Can you share us how you did it?

Haven't tried it though myself. This provides some degree of encouragement.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    and also what car kaya ito?

hmm...maybe it also depends on how strong the signal is? baka sa sobrang trial and error sa positioning ay patay ka naman sa billing ng cellphone

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    paki post nyo na rin po kung anong specific brand ng mga keyless car security ang pwede using this method (e.g. Code Alarm, Clifford, Toyota OEM, Honda OEM, etc.) thanks po

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    hard to belive that it can actually work. we should asked the Mythbusters to try this out. if they havent already.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    weird...same as sir dehadista's post, I couldn't quite figure out how an infrared beam could be transferred a mile away via cellular signals. Nakaka-curious ah. :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
unlocking your car thru the cellphone??