New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong.... is it true that the sensors are hermetically sealed and when the batteries die, they can no longer be replaced and the sensors are thrown away?
    not true for the model i got. included on the package is a special tool (the big circular plastic inside the bag) to open the sensor for battery replacement.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong.... is it true that the sensors are hermetically sealed and when the batteries die, they can no longer be replaced and the sensors are thrown away?
    not true for the model i got. included on the package is a special tool (the big circular plastic inside the bag) to open the sensor for battery replacement.

2. Join Date
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by machine.pistol View Post
    300 pesos for all 4 internal sensors.
    wow mura lang pala! no need to remove the tires? no balancing needed? akala ko aabutin ng 1k. nagtanong kasi ako before how much kung N2 ipalagay ko and quoted me P250. naisip ko kasi mas mahirap mag install ng sensor kesa N2 lang.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    For those using Steelmate's internal sensors, I recommend that you do wheel balancing na din for safety purposes na din.
    Tireboy installed ours with balancing for 200/ wheel.

4. Join Date
    May 2015
    finally i was able to install my steelmate TP-73E. i was so disappointed when i started installing it coz the display doesn't fit the spare button of my car. it is on the specs that the display is OE-fit for toyota, but it doesn't on my 2015 fortuner. maybe toyota released in taiwan and china have different size of button.

img_0531.jpg

after 3 hours of modification, i am very happy with the result. accuracy is quite good (<+/-1 PSI) after counterchecking every sensor with my digital tire pressure gauge.

img_0536.jpg
    img_0537.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_0531.jpg  

5. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Servus View Post
    finally i was able to install my steelmate TP-73E. i was so disappointed when i started installing it coz the display doesn't fit the spare button of my car. it is on the specs that the display is OE-fit for toyota, but it doesn't on my 2015 fortuner. maybe toyota released in taiwan and china have different size of button.

img_0531.jpg

after 3 hours of modification, i am very happy with the result. accuracy is quite good (<+/-1 PSI) after counterchecking every sensor with my digital tire pressure gauge.

img_0536.jpg
    img_0537.jpg
    Sir ask ko lang po kung d ba mabilis manakaw yung external sensor? Thanks!

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by eyron View Post
    Sir ask ko lang po kung d ba mabilis manakaw yung external sensor? Thanks!
    Mabilis? Tatanggalin nya muna yung goma mo para makuha yung sensor..

7. Join Date
    Jun 2015

img_0531.jpg

img_0536.jpg
    img_0537.jpg
    Nice installation sir! =)

img_0531.jpg

img_0536.jpg
    img_0537.jpg
    Nice installation sir! =)

8. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by romeocharlie View Post
    Thanks sir for the reply. But I'm referring to the external sensor that Sir Servus also installed.

9. Join Date
    May 2015
    this is true for internal sensors. but for external sensor like mine you will need a special spanner like this or you will break the sensor if you force to remove it.

steelmate-diy-tpms-installation-parts-including-sensor-tool-dustproof-cover-spanner-washer-nut.jpg

this is true for internal sensors. but for external sensor like mine you will need a special spanner like this or you will break the sensor if you force to remove it.

steelmate-diy-tpms-installation-parts-including-sensor-tool-dustproof-cover-spanner-washer-nut.jpg

10. Join Date
    Apr 2013

Thanks Sir Servus for the info. I'm also planning to get a steelmate with external sensor kc parang mas madali i-lipat and maintain unlike yung internal sensor.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast