New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    I got a thinkware F770 for my CR-V 2018. Though pricey, I like this dashcam. The resolution is really nice but it eats up a lot of memory card space on the SD card. There's a parking mode that records any motion detected. There are also safety features like the Front Collision Warning and Lane Departure Warning.

Here are some notes on the installation of the thinkware F770:

1. Thinkware F770
    * Blackbox Philippines - Home | Facebook
    - i think this is the official distributor here in the Philippines. Blackbox directed me to RoadStar Enterprise Makati Roadstar Enterprises Makati - Home | Facebook to get my Thinkware F770. I also had the guys at RoadStar install the dashcam for me.

2. Fuse Taps

To avoid soldering the hardwire kit on one of the fuse on the fuse box, I bought two fuse taps. For the CR-V 2018 (my car), the fuse used there is a low profile mini fuse. I got my fuse tap here:

Naynay - Accessories - Manila, Philippines | Facebook - 11 Reviews - 653 Photos

3. Micro SD Card
    The included 16GB on the thinkware F770 will only give 1 hour of continuous recording. It is recommended to buy a 64GB microSD card which will give you 8 hours of continuous recording if you are just using the front dashcam. Half if you're going to use the front and rear.

Thinkware is a bit picky when it comes to micro sd cards. I got lucky that I got the 64Gb Sandisk Ultra to work on the camera. However, Sandisk doesn't have any guarantees on using their ultra line on dashcams. I'm now looking to source a 128 gb sd card that works on the dashcam. Thinkware doesn't support 128 gb officially but there are reports that some 128gb micro sd cards work. Check out the link below for the micro SD cards that work with the Thinkware F770.

References:
    Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums

SD Cards We Recommend for Dash Cameras

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Subbed!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Installation pics:

4. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Sample event recording:

5. Join Date
    Jul 2017

6. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Interested in fuse tapping too. Do you plan to remove the taps when going in for PMS to preserve warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by MamBad View Post
    Interested in fuse tapping too. Do you plan to remove the taps when going in for PMS to preserve warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Didn't remove it on my 1k PMS last Friday. Wala naman silang sinabi. Tsaka nakihitch lang yung dashcam, hiwalay din yung fuse. So kung mag overload, magkahiwalay sila ng circuit.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Transcend Premium 400x 128gb microsd works! I now got 8 hours of continuous recording for the front and back cameras. I sourced my microsd from shopee. This is the link if you're interested:

https://shopee.ph/Original-Transcend...4027.618419819

Medyo may kamahalan yung microsd... Almost the price of a decent front dashcam. If you can source it cheaper, kindly post it here.

I recorded an accident recently. Fortunately, hindi kami involved. Pero mukhang tumakbo yung motorcycle driver: