New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Could i be flagged down because i have a "wang-wang" type of car alarm? it is your common car alarm but should i remove it? any replacements for that type?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'm not a lawyer, but from what I know, they can not just flag you down if you do not commit a traffic violation. In case there is a check point, the rule is "plain sight". So they can not force you to open your hood, glove box, trunk or car door if you do not want to. They can however, ask you to open your car. If you consent then plain sight is no longer valid since you gave them permission to check your car. If you do not agree to a physical check, they can only use flashlights to see thru your windows.

Too be safe and to follow the rule of law, its best to remove your siren. I'm also in the same situation. My dad installed a wang wang when he was using the car. I dont use it but never removed it. Might as well remove it now.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    If it's a common car alarm then it is only engaged once you park your car. I don't see any reason why your car alarm would go haywire while you are driving.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    IMHO tanggalin mo na lang, di mo naman in reality kailangan yan.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    If the "wang-wang" came as standard equipment w/ the alarm, then I see no reason why it should be removed. IMO, the only time it's illegal is if it's activated while your car is moving through traffic.

Puedeng material pala sa comedy ito. Someone breaks into your car. Alarm is activated, including wang-wang. Thief runs off w/ your valuables. Police rush to the scene. But instead of going after the thief, they arrest you for illegal use of wang-wang.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009

This is my car alarm that's installed. i've encircled the "wang-wang". should i tell my casa to replace this with something?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Mas mainam na tanggalin mo na lang para wala kang abala iyong iba lalo na MMDA hindi naman nila alam na para sa alarm iyan .

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kung ako di ko tatanggalin kasi alarm naman yan e.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

From what I heard, you can be flagged down and your vehicle inspected. If that is the case, then that is the risk you have to take, bro.... It's your call.

10.2K:chicken:

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Pag di mo tinanggal tapos nasita ka, i-demo mo na lang na alarm sya at hindi "wang-wang".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Should i remove my "wang-wang" on my car alarm?