New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When you go to an accessory shop and ask for an alarm, what do they sell you exactly?

Does a basic alarm system like those that costs 2-3K comes only with the remotes, siren, alarm brain, LED indicator and sensitivity potentiometer?

Often sinasabi kasi nila na "wala pang power locks yan ser"...

What if my car already has power locks (stock), can that alarm system control the lock/unlock mode of my doors?

I'm asking this because I want a keyless remote lang talaga, so that I don't need to use my keys to lock/unlock my doors... I don't really care for the siren/alarm feature coz they're really pointless and annoying for me.

But the cost of keyless entry systems are almost the same as alarms, kaya I'm wondering which is a better choice.

Meron bang murang system where I can add a trunk popper as well?

Convenience lang talaga habol ko, hirap magbukas/sara ng doors/trunk pag may bitbit kang bata hehe

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    meron actuator set with remote, un hanapin mo..for keyless entry lang talaga. will cost approx 1.5k

if your car has stock power lock, any cheap car alarm is compatible..the installer only needs to wire the triggers to the stock power lock system. kasama na dito trunk release.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed... depende yan sa brand ng alarm.

yung sa Rav4, COBRA yung nakakabit... may keyless entry feature na sya but take advantage of its ignition cutoff feature.

ang pagawa mo sa installer... is for them to NOT hookup the siren loudspeaker & to the park lights. that way, kahit ma trigger yung alarm system walang reaction yung kotse and hindi ma drain yung battery mo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm, makes sense, salamat boys :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pero for trunk release... don't you need to install an actuator in the trunk?

medyo mas complicated yun since separate dapat ang trunk release toggle from the door lock/unlock.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep...actuator lang for the trunk.

pwede na yung police brand...2K ata kay jefftan, at least 1 yr. warranty pa.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Police pinalagay ko sa Picanto. Mga Php2k nga. Tapos added cost yung limang door actuators (walang powerlocks Picanto).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    theveed, nakabitan mo na ng alarm yung kotse mo? saan? magkano lahat ang ginastos mo?

san ok magpakabit sa Banawe area? mukang okey na rin sakin yung brand na Police?

oo nga pala, praning question lang..di ba delikado magpa-kabit ng alarm system sa banawe area? (madalas ako sa banawe eh) hehehe.. baka bawiin yung alarm ko kasama na yung kotse ko..:lol:
    Last edited by hens; July 27th, 2006 at 12:06 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hens, get an alarm where you can wire it to your turbo timer. so that you can arm the alarm when the car is still cooling off even when it's running pa. yan ang sunod na hinahanap ko ngayon eh. pero i think may provision na yan for most modern/relatively new alarms today.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di pa pre hehe...

Lakas ng loob mo dalin mga oto mo sa Banawe pre hehe...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Question regarding aftermarket alarm systems.