New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hi,

Can you please identify what car alarm did this car remote came from? I bought a pre-owned vehicle and would want to know what's the brand of the car alarm?

carremote.jpg

I would then search for the user's manual for this alarm.

Thank you in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    look for the alarm module. brand name/model should be there.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SiViTeC View Post
    Hi,

Can you please identify what car alarm did this car remote came from? I bought a pre-owned vehicle and would want to know what's the brand of the car alarm?

carremote.jpg

I would then search for the user's manual for this alarm.

Thank you in advance.
    i know that one! it's what i have in one of my cars.
    i bought it from the toyota casa.. it was the cheapest they had.
    don't bother for the manual. i have one, and it's useless. darn chinese bloken engrish translation.. (seriously.. the manual doesn't tell much more than what i am gonna say here... in straight english.)
    the buttons are intuitifve.
    the largest, round button is to lock. the lights then blink once, and the car bleeps once.
    the middle squarish button is to unlock. the lights blink twice, and the car bleeps twice.
    the third button, darned if i know! it has a "silence" icon, but i have tried all combinations, and i can't coax it to show any response. forget about that last button.
    heh heh.

and see if there is a 30 second timer after you press the unlock button. (if you don't open the door, it automatically re-locks. but try it, sir. i keep confusing one alarm with another, among my cars.. sorry.)

and btw.. the round button is so prominent, time and again, i accidentally push it while fumbling in my pocket. my wife also drove me crazy once.. the car was on-ing and off-ing for no reason.. until i saw that she had fallen asleep with her bag as pillow..

my manual? it's so useless.. i did not keep track of where i kept it in my car.. if i find it, i'll scan it and send you..
    Last edited by dr. d; September 9th, 2015 at 01:52 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hi Dr. D.,

Thanks for the input. I hope you will be able to share the manual. I'm trying to look for a way to disable the beep when locking and unlocking and can't figure out the use of the 3rd button.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by SiViTeC View Post
    Hi Dr. D.,

Thanks for the input. I hope you will be able to share the manual. I'm trying to look for a way to disable the beep when locking and unlocking and can't figure out the use of the 3rd button.
    i thought you were.
    i also wanted to silence my bleeps. nakaka-hiya sa neighbors.. but i read and re-read that manual.. made experimentation with button combinations.. wala epek.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    We have the same exact remote control. Ganyan yung kinabit ng Casa sa unit ko.

Brand: Thunder

Ito yung configuration nya when the engine is off

1) Big Button with lock icon:

a) Press once to lock the doors with the Shock Sensor Enabled. You will hear one quick beep then 4 succeeding beeps to let you know that the shock sensor is active.

Depende sa sensitivity na naka set ito yung yung mode na nakakainis i turn on sa loob ng parking kasi the alarm teiggers pag may napadaan lang na may maingay na muffler ;-)

b) Press twice to lock the doors with the Shock Sensor Disabled. You will hear one quick beep then 5 aucceeding beeps to let you know that the shock sensor is inactive

2) Middle button unlocks the doors and disables the alarm.

3) Smallest button is useless.

4) When the engine is started, door automatically locks within 10 seconds.

When the engine is running

You can use the remote to lock and unlock the doors. Useful ito kung bababa ka lang sandali to do other stuff

Don't bother looking for the Engrish jejemon manual maiinis ka lang as what dr. D said

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    We have the same exact remote control. Ganyan yung kinabit ng Casa sa unit ko.

Brand: Thunder

Ito yung configuration nya when the engine is off

1) Big Button with lock icon:

a) Press once to lock the doors with the Shock Sensor Enabled. You will hear one quick beep then 4 succeeding beeps to let you know that the shock sensor is active.

Depende sa sensitivity na naka set ito yung yung mode na nakakainis i turn on sa loob ng parking kasi the alarm teiggers pag may napadaan lang na may maingay na muffler ;-)

b) Press twice to lock the doors with the Shock Sensor Disabled. You will hear one quick beep then 5 aucceeding beeps to let you know that the shock sensor is inactive

2) Middle button unlocks the doors and disables the alarm.

3) Smallest button is useless.

4) When the engine is started, door automatically locks within 10 seconds.

When the engine is running

You can use the remote to lock and unlock the doors. Useful ito kung bababa ka lang sandali to do other stuff

Don't bother looking for the Engrish jejemon manual maiinis ka lang as what dr. D said
    hey! you are more intuitive than i was!
    i stopped intuiting, once i found out how to lock and unlock..
    heh heh.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Ahahaha thanks. Napadami lang siguro pindot ko nung nag testing hehehe

Na curious lang tuloy ako now if same ang kalalabasan ng behavior nyan or generic remote control lang yan pero more than one brand ng alarm gumagamit.

Kaya ko nga pala sinabi sa item 3 that the smallest button is useless for me, try to press that while engine is running... parang ambulance na ewan kalalabasan mo. Parang panic button ito
    Last edited by jodski; September 9th, 2015 at 10:50 AM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Ahahaha thanks. Napadami lang siguro pindot ko nung nag testing hehehe

Na curious lang tuloy ako now if same ang kalalabasan ng behavior nyan or generic remote control lang yan pero more than one brand ng alarm gumagamit.

Kaya ko nga pala sinabi sa item 3 that the smallest button is useless for me, try to press that while engine is running... parang ambulance na ewan kalalabasan mo. Parang panic button ito
    Ok, got it. Thanks. Ma-try later sa bahay

10. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Pareho ba ang behavior? Or yung itsura lang ng remote ang pareho ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast