New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Hi guys,

I just bought a 2nd hand '00 Lancer MX. It came with MMAS but no manual for it. I was wondering if you guys could help me get a copy of the manual or at least tell me how to enable the audible arming of the system. Right now it's set to silent so it's hard to know if I've armed it or not in daylight.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Bryan

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka naka-valet mode pre. check mo dun sa ilalim ng steering wheel, sa may left side. you may need to get a flashlight and open the driver side door to see. may maliit na switch dun. also under the steering column andun din ang adjustment ng shock sensor, in case you want to change the sensitivity.

anyway balik tayo dun sa small toggle switch. try mo to switch to the opposite position it was in. then close the car doors then press "I" on the remote. pag 2 chirps and the signal lights light up twice, then ok na yan.

pag hindi then you may have to really get a manual because i don't have mine with me here hehehe! 2 weeks pa before ako umuwi e, nasa car ko yun manual.

di ba pwede ma-reset yung alarm setting? try disconnecting the battery for 1 hour kaya, this should reset everything di ba?

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Thanks pre. I found the solution nga pala yesterday morning lang. For the benefit of other people na maka-encounter, eto yung solution.

With the engine off, switch the key to ON. Press Button II 3 times until you hear the car beep twice. Hindi na silent yung arming nya after that.

Dati kasi the lights would flash twice lang kapag Button I, ngayon may two beeps na rin.

Dunno if this is the intended function but if you press Button I twice, the car chirps 3 times. Parang naka-lock lang pero di mag-aalarm pag nadagil or nasipa.

With regards to the valet switch, di ko alam kung alin position yung naka-on sya. So I just left it like it was before. Dun naman sa sensitivity, nakita ko rin pero walang notch para sa flathead screwdriver kaya ang hirap i-set.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually, ok yung suggestion ni yebo. disconnecting the battery will reset everything. did that too with my alarm before.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    I've tried that before. Left the battery disconnected for an hour or so. Di nag-reset yung alarm. Silent pa rin. Don't know if the electrician wired a backup battery for it. Modified na yung electricals nung kotse eh. Maganda nga yung pagkakagawa kasi lahat naka wire mesh with appropriate fuses and connectors. Walang splices at hindi makalat.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    mga 'tol,...you dont have to waste your money for those expensive car alarms, even expensive top of the line alarms wont make your car immune&safe from carnappers..! i can share to you the "security system" being installed on my car 2weeks ago lang, its the latest, most superior &most sophisticated anti-canapping & anti-carjacking system d2 sa pinas ngayon at LIFETIME WARRANTY pa!!! kkahit tutukan ka ng carnapper habang uma-andar pa makina mo ay ok lang ibigay mo sa kanya key/car mo and w/in 15-23secs. ay automatically stop engine mo followed by loud siren and the carnapper will NOT be able to start the engine anymore!!!prompting him to panic and leave your car, at you have time makalayo pa for your safety as well. i can show/demo it 4u guys depending on our availability. (0916*******)

--------------------------
    MODERATOR's NOTE:
    Direct advertisement of one's product is not allowed in tsikot forums. Kindly read previous warnings. You may post your items via tsikot classified ads section. Thank you.

Need help on Alarm of '00 Lancer MX