New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Went to Bohol with my car key (with remote) in my pocket. I know 100% that it was with me in Bohol since I purposely brought it with me since I did not want somebody to use my car when I was not around. In other words, my car was left at home in Cebu. Went back home in Cebu and could no longer remember how I lost my key and tried asking my relatives in Bohol to look for it but to no avail. I think I lost it somewhere in a public place. But could not say where.

I still have my duplicate key (with remote). What should I do? Should I have to change my car key or remote or both? Where to do that it casa? If not, what brand is best. My ride is a fortuner... Pls help....

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    The dealership is the safest option. Either you change keys & locks plus reprogram the BCM to disable the lost key totally...or....Just get a new spare key & transponder mated to the stock BCM. With the number of Fortuners out there, chances of the guy w/ your lost key finding your car isn't that high....unless he's among those you've asked to search.[emoji846]
    Good luck, sir.[emoji120]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    once you are able to get your money out of your wallet, the casa is the easiest and most convenient solution.

i posted another option in your other post.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sell the car and buy a new one with 2 keys. No more worries.

Sa bohol nawala sa cebu yung car. Unless the key was stolen from you on purpose there is almost zero chances of the stolen key being used to steal your car. Just get a new key from the casa.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Sir, just buy gps and continue using your extra key with remote... this will solve your worry if your fort will be carnapped using your orig key that was lost or by any means....

Also, you can still have another duplicate if you want...casa can help you that... goodluck!

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    If I go through the option of having to reprogram the BCM to disable the lost key duon sa Casa, since my insurance comprehensive and is still under warranty is would this circumstance be covered and approved by the insurance company to cover my cost?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hanapin mo na kay ray_noel. Siya pinakamalapit sayo na Tsikoter. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    If I go through the option of having to reprogram the BCM to disable the lost key duon sa Casa, since my insurance comprehensive and is still under warranty is would this circumstance be covered and approved by the insurance company to cover my cost?
    I'm not sure. My bud w/ another badge went the route of changing 2 keys & locks. Sub20k out his pocket, if I recall right. Consult Toyota & your insurance, sir.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Hanapin mo na kay ray_noel. Siya pinakamalapit sayo na Tsikoter. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [emoji16]

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I would recommend Keynamics sana pero you're in Cebu pala. They'll reprogram your ECU so it won't recognize the lost key anymore.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast