New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Folks,

I'm planning to install a keyless entry system to my ride. I don't want alarms, just your basic pindot-to-open-and-close system. There's already a working power lock system controlled by a switch inside the vehicle, so I'm thinking it's simple to hook up the keyless system to this and let *it* control the switch.

Is there such a keyless system which will do what I want? Saan meron nito? Has anyone done this before (siguro naman)?

Maraming salamat!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you may try oem keyless entries, pero medyo mahal nga lang. or install the cheapest car alarm and just disable the alarm.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    same principles...buy the cheapest alarm sabi nga ni Sir boybi....then do not connect the megaphone of the alarm...

may silent arm and disarm naman yung mga alarms...at least may close and open locks ka :D

cheapest alarm 2,200? cobra

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    agree din po ako sa suggestions nila...try to buy the cheapest alarm and just disable the alarm system..

OT: bakit po pala ayaw ninyo ng alarm?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you already got a Power Lock inside its easy to install you don't need to buy actuators all you need is a alarm unit like Cobra.. Yes they are cheap compare to others it cost me 2500 2years ago..

You can install it by your self just follow the wiring instructions in the manuals..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Thanks for your suggestions.

I was hoping to save money kung wala na sanang alarm. Judging from your replies, mukhang wala namang keyless entry na walang alarm. So might as well put one in.

Salamat uli.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron keyless entry na walang alarm, ito yung mga oem keyless entries, mas mahal nga lang ito sigurado kesa sa mga car alarms dahil sa casa mo lang ito mabibili.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    boybi, sorry I misread your first reply.

So mas gagastos pa pala ako kapag walang alarm. That decision's easy.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    un cobra ba malayo ang distance?

papalagay din ako.. hehehe

gusto ko keyless e pero hinde ko gusto alarm

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Yoda
    boybi, sorry I misread your first reply.

So mas gagastos pa pala ako kapag walang alarm. That decision's easy.
    and later, if you decide to have an alarm, just enable it and meron ka ng alarm in an instant.
    Signature

Keyless entry